LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
8km through the hot and humid jungle,
F3CE0D36-5540-45BC-A2A7-258AB774B186.jpeg 25051101-2CFE-48BD-88B2-35E35B3D3BD7.jpeg

andre53

Saturday, Jul 24, 2021.

Squat, Barbell Row, RDL (Romanian Deadlift), and Bench Press. ~80 minutes, ~200 kcal, ~90 bpm(54%)

Jump Rope, 20 minutes, 96 kcal, 117 bpm (~70%)
25 jumps for each set, followed by a little interval

Stretch as finisher

Reactions: LaoDan

andre53

Sunday, Jul 25, 2021.

Monday is a busy day for me. So, let me post my Sunday activity.
Some box fun with my son: 48 minutes, 148 kcal, 100 bpm (59%)

Nice week for all of you

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Walk through the jungle, ran into a family of monkeys and wild pigs
7BF5456E-6632-4664-B5A8-5343CEC277E5.jpeg 651B0DB3-BDE7-4D13-B8AE-441A94AE9A18.jpeg 3FFEB8BC-15DD-4A89-B8E3-FF61C3C2B78B.jpeg 2F0FB7BF-727D-43B3-93E2-E3B76B7EDD48.jpeg

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
13,500 steps yesterday, 15000 today. Fortunately I just like walking!

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I wish I had such interesting animals to spot. However, when I have tried walking in tropical climates the humidity beats me nearly every time.
I moved here from the high deserts of New Mexico, took me a year to adapt lol.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
10 minutes walk yesterday
20 minutes walk today
not much but main thing is i did some walking

Reactions: DJC3 and Dr Snoddy

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Walked around all the tourist traps in Singapore. Still pretty empty these days.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm finally getting back to my pre-March 2020 levels of walking. A whole combination of factors contributed to a distinct lack of enthusiasm for walking in the outside world which I'm not going to rehash here, just noting it!

Here's hoping the enthusiasm remains as I definitely feel so much better, on so many levels, for re-introducing those routines back to my life.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Joined the 500 lb (230 kg) deadlift club on Monday. A year ago it was 485 lb (220 kg) -incorrectly calculated at 225.

I set this target a year or so ago for 3 reasons: 1. 500 people a week die of diabetes, or the complications of, in the UK, this is very symbolic for me. 2. I wanted to show that it is possible to obtain a decent strength level on Keto, as a senior novice, with minimal but focused effort. 3. I like a challenge and wanted to show my children that I might be out of step with 1 foot in the grave, but not ready to go quietly yet.

230 kg Deadlift 4th Oct 2021.jpg

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Joined the 500 lb (230 kg) deadlift club on Monday. A year ago it was 485 lb (220 kg) -incorrectly calculated at 225.

I set this target a year or so ago for 3 reasons: 1. 500 people a week die of diabetes, or the complications of, in the UK, this is very symbolic for me. 2. I wanted to show that it is possible to obtain a decent strength level on Keto, as a senior novice, with minimal but focused effort. 3. I like a challenge and wanted to show my children that I might be out of step with 1 foot in the grave, but not ready to go quietly yet.

View attachment 51477

All good reasons and wow! That’s brilliant work.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “

View attachment 51477
Amazing! That’s some real weight right there! Inspirational!

BTW. What are you doing for recovery, I.e. meals? I found I need about 50grams of carbs post workout to aid in recovery or I seem to get overtrained. All my other meals are no carbs. Just wondering if you have some sort of recovery plan

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
All good reasons and wow! That’s brilliant work.
Thanks. It was not technically my best lift on video review. It was good for the first three quarters, tension was good, broke from the floor well, fast pull up the knees....then almost lost the lift at lock out. I can see that I allowed the bar to move forward off vertical and was terrible with the hip follow through, so the lock out was a fight. Over the next few months I am going to work between 180 and 200 and focus on the discipline throughout the entire movement.

Reactions: DJC3

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Amazing! That’s some real weight right there! Inspirational!

BTW. What are you doing for recovery, I.e. meals? I found I need about 50grams of carbs post workout to aid in recovery or I seem to get overtrained. All my other meals are no carbs. Just wondering if you have some sort of recovery plan
Thanks. My regime for the day was to ensure a very good sleep the night before, totaling 8 hours (fitbit score 83). Breakfast was egg protein bread sandwiches (Maria Emmerich), with left over rolled beef with philadelphia cream cheese, followed by several nuts, street picked blackberries, raspberries, lidl 95% dark chocolate and 2 generous scoops of full fat Greek yogurt.
Did sort of home workout at rpe of 6 for 15 mins in the late morning

Thought about matching my 220 last year, then toyed with 240, settled mentally on 230. Went to the gym warmed up with Karate, 100 kg warm up deadlifts, 5 x 150 (should have done 3), 1 x 180. Then pulled the 230.

Post workout meal was the steak dinner below

4th October Meals.png

Tuesday recovery:
Listened to my wife who is a Physio. Light Karate workout at the gym, whirlpool and sauna.

Wednesday: 15 k steps, Karate, pulse lunges, leg curls, bicep curls, upright rows.

Today: Literally about to walk, then Karate. Planning bench pressing in the afternoon, walking after dinner.
I will then start next week on X3 bar lifting and over time do more hex bar.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Thanks. My regime for the day was to ensure a very good sleep the night before, totaling 8 hours (fitbit score 83). Breakfast was egg protein bread sandwiches (Maria Emmerich), with left over rolled beef with philadelphia cream cheese, followed by several nuts, street picked blackberries, raspberries, lidl 95% dark chocolate and 2 generous scoops of full fat Greek yogurt.
Did sort of home workout at rpe of 6 for 15 mins in the late morning

Thought about matching my 220 last year, then toyed with 240, settled mentally on 230. Went to the gym warmed up with Karate, 100 kg warm up deadlifts, 5 x 150 (should have done 3), 1 x 180. Then pulled the 230.

Post workout meal was the steak dinner below

View attachment 51483

Tuesday recovery:
Listened to my wife who is a Physio. Light Karate workout at the gym, whirlpool and sauna.

Wednesday: 15 k steps, Karate, pulse lunges, leg curls, bicep curls, upright rows.

Today: Literally about to walk, then Karate. Planning bench pressing in the afternoon, walking after dinner.
I will then start next week on X3 bar lifting and over time do more hex bar.