Regular moderate exercise log

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just returned from the ground. 4.83 miles in 1 hr. Spent 840 calories.

Done for the week. Here is the summary for this week: 16.6 miles in 6hours; 3200 calories. It is still short of 1lb equivalent; but this what I could do.

Reactions: 4 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been MIA (for a couple of weeks I think!) but largely because I was trying to make the most of my remaining holiday. Managed to fit in a whole bunch of kayaking, cycling, beach walking etc... but let the yoga/strength/resistance slip badly :oops:
Spent most of last week in a post-holiday funk (read: sulk) but had a good weekends walking/kayaking/cycling & am back on the yoga & rehab stuff today. So easy to get into a routine on holidays & so darned hard to get back to your old one when it's over!

Reactions: 3 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A bit of indoor rowing on Saturday, a truncated bike ride yesterday,50km instead of the planned 100 for various reasons.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Lots of stairs for me too and a walk at lunchtime along with 100 squats (ouch).

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sunday(yesterday)'s workout was kind of stressful, as I expended 900+ calories.
So today, I took it easy; went for a stroll, did some parallel bar dips and pull ups - total 300 calories. Came home without any body pains, now ready to go to bed.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ElyDave - getting back on the rowing machine is my next post injury/rehab goal :nailbiting:

Did my yoga/strength/resistance again - v. hot & humid today so a bit slippery toward the end!

Reactions: 2 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel as if I must at last be starting to do something right! Since my T2 diagnosis 7 months ago, despite big diet changes, I've not been able to make massive changes in my blood sugar levels (I'm not on medication, so it's all 'lifestyle' work) - small improvements, but not much to feel proud of and a lot to still worry about. However, I've just moved and today at my new GP's had my blood pressure taken, and it's down! Six months ago it was 136/81 and today it was 118/69! I'm assuming this is the result of all my persistence with walking.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well done @JenniferW. Hope the move went well.
Steps, lunchtime walk and running for the train today.

Reactions: 3 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel as if I must at last be starting to do something right! Since my T2 diagnosis 7 months ago, despite big diet changes, I've not been able to make massive changes in my blood sugar levels (I'm not on medication, so it's all 'lifestyle' work) - small improvements, but not much to feel proud of and a lot to still worry about. However, I've just moved and today at my new GP's had my blood pressure taken, and it's down! Six months ago it was 136/81 and today it was 118/69! I'm assuming this is the result of all my persistence with walking.

Well done @JenniferW

7 miles walking today

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Love the running for the train! Planning to build that into a regular part of the routine?
I hope not! Victoria is not the best running location. Still at least I know I can do tube to platform 19 in under two minutes, might be a new diabetes challenge!

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Today's run: 55 minutes, 546 calories, 3.73 miles. See below all my previous efforts. Durations less than 15 minutes correspond to resistance workouts such as push ups, pull ups, body weight exercises etc.
myrec2017Jan11.png

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
7 miles walking today
2 hrs walking today

You both are reporting excellent efforts in a consistent manner. walking 7 miles or walking for 2 hours is no small effort. Though I can call myself kind of fit; have not tried to go for long walk. My longest time is around 1hr 20min [can be verified from the pics that I posted above] since I do not want to damage my knees and joints. Then I rotate resistance or bodyweight workouts and cardio [running] on alternate days. Weekends I try to do my 5k at a higher pace. This is what I was advised by a very senior athlete [from Florida] who mostly deals with T2D folks. But apparently, I am not losing weight any more though I am following the routine, trying increase the intensity, using Garmin gadget to measure my heart rate etc.

What I am not doing is - long walk. My question [to myself] is - what is the good approach to reduce weight and body fat further especially for folks who are under 23 BMI?

Based on your personal approaches, may be both of you can advise on questions like : 'how long you have been walking? what is the average distance (and time) every time you walk? do you recommend walking everyday? do you really see weight loss with what you doing?'

I do know, diet matters a lot, may be we can understand the exercising efforts first. May be we need a new thread?

Tapatia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I walked the dog for the first time in a long while. Thanks for mentioning the importance of not having to make the exercise fit a specific mold.