Regular moderate exercise log

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am remiss and did not do this in the reply about boots. so enthusiastic was I to get the information down.

Welcome to the thread, @Sue192 !!
Many thanks for the info - they look good (and a decent price), and also being unisex might be ok for wide feet. It's encouraging to hear that you have gone from having to walk to enjoying walking, and also many thanks for the welcome!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I DID IT - and without pain and without injury - that's second time 10k lucky!

I'm so over the moon about a) not stopping and b) not hurting that I still can't wipe the smile off my face! Still waiting for my chip time, and the time on my GPS watch is a little slower than the race that broke me back in April - but oh boy I feel like I WON that race this morning!

Tortoise, not hare. AMAZEBALLS!

:):):)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I'm so over the moon about a) not stopping and b) not hurting that I still can't wipe the smile off my face! Still waiting for my chip time, and the time on my GPS watch is a little slower than the race that broke me back in April - but oh boy I feel like I WON that race this morning!

Brilliant!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Yippee! That's fabulous. I was wondering how you'd got on. was just heading this way to ask and you had beaten me to it.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
you had beaten me to it.
I didn't beat many people out there today, though @Japes !
;):joyful::happy:

Seriously though, I'm just so thrilled that I haven't hurt myself. I've just been *coughs* checking out the route for the 2018 Worthing 10k..... shhhhh, haven't told Mr S yet.......... :nailbiting:

Reactions: Type1Bri and Japes

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't beat many people out there today, though @Japes !
;):joyful::happy:

Seriously though, I'm just so thrilled that I haven't hurt myself. I've just been *coughs* checking out the route for the 2018 Worthing 10k..... shhhhh, haven't told Mr S yet.......... :nailbiting:

Yeah, but you totally smashed the "Snapsy - No injury, no hurting, no stopping" race!

I won't breathe a word to Mr S.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And, I am now into December's targets for all walking!

The Continous Walking Brisk Pace for this year will be the last one to be finished with 159 to go - but I'm 45 miles off the 5000 total steps miles since I started recording on 6th January 2016, 60 miles off the 3000 for Total Steps (thanks, my lovely lively students, you've kept me walking a lot, but not enough to kick over into CWBP miles on Mr Doofer the Pedometer.)

I didn't have Mr Doofer until mid-July last year but I did do 780 CWBP miles in those five and a half months.

Now seriously pondering next year's challenges. Trying to vary it...

Reactions: therower

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
And, I am now into December's targets for all walking!
Wow, @Japes - and something tells me you're not just 'banking' those miles so you can have an easy time of it at the tail-end of the year, are you? You're going to SMASH your goal!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
YAAAAAAAAAAY - thank you soooo much - now I've got a TOP BANANA award as well as my race medal - you have MADE MY DAY @therower !
:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Bit disgruntled as too icey on a morning here so mr ickihun has been doing morning school run.
Didnt venture out today as bitterly cold. Slept alot as had to increase tramadol. Definitely walking less but still waiting for my running machine to be carried into the house. I wonder when hubby will do it, it is a 2man job thou.
Out tomorrow at a kiddies party, no matter the weather. Luckily 3pm start.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Out walking tomorrow in 20min sessions but stopping every few yards. Hoping for 4 sessions, paced out.
4 more planned Monday but 8 is needed, so might have to force second set of 4x20mins. Tramadol will earn its money.
school runs, mostly afternoons for me. Warmth makes a huge difference. Tramadol definitely helps with that.
Looking to reduce my insulin again tomorrow. Just a tiny bit but a huge help to my weight loss programme.
Walking keeps me supple but not pain free.
Beats curling up in a ball on a sofa!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
First Sunday 'long run' for me this morning! Despite having tired legs from yesterday's spontaneous parkrun/mountain biking/long walk combo I found myself joining some of the folks from running club on our first training run leading up to February's half.

Did just a smidgen over 12km - my longest run so far ever.

Hoping that this will be a regular Sunday thing to build up my mileage - not next week though thanks to having signed up for a local 10k 'reindeer run'. Haven't got any antlers but I WILL be decked in battery LED lights for the occasion. Last year the Santa hat was more 'bah humbug' than 'Ho Ho Ho' as it was wayyyyyyy to hot to run in.

Best bit about this morning's run? Not the glorious scenery or sunshine (they were a close second and third) but the scrambled eggs and black pudding on the way home.......
:hungry:

Reactions: Arlmy and therower

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear friends of the Regular Moderate Exercise Thread,

I am here to announce that, 36 days before the end of the year, I have indeed completed my main walking target of the year.

Not sure I need to thank my students more or the sheer erraticness of my buses in recent times! I found it entirely fitting that in the 2 minutes as I was clocking the fact I really had done 3000 miles this year in total steps, three buses went past me (at a time of night when they are every 20 minutes...) But, whichever, they've kept me walking!

The other target (Continous walking, Brisk pace, for at least 10 minutes at a time) has about 120 miles to go which is very achievable in walks to and from work - especially if I'm disciplined in the mornings.

One very happy Japes!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Japes . I just want to sing that classic from The Proclaimers. I'm gonna be/500 miles. Changing 500 for 3000:):).
On account I can't sing I shall award you the highly prized " top banana " award of the day.
Top banana is someone who achieves something that little bit special.
Well done.:)

Reactions: Japes