Remembrance weight - maintain?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Just an idle note that I weighed myself this morning and I am 11 stone 11 lbs.
4 lbs over my long term target weight of 11 stone 7 lbs.
I would fast a bit to get my weight down but 11/11 struck a chord so I may try and maintain that for the next couple of weeks.
Which means, of course, that weight being a fickle thing at the best of times I will probably lose a couple of pounds when not trying.

Reactions: Diakat

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just an idle note that I weighed myself this morning and I am 11 stone 11 lbs.
4 lbs over my long term target weight of 11 stone 7 lbs.
I would fast a bit to get my weight down but 11/11 struck a chord so I may try and maintain that for the next couple of weeks.
Which means, of course, that weight being a fickle thing at the best of times I will probably lose a couple of pounds when not trying.
A coincidence that led me to reflect @LittleGreyCat. I must get a poppy tomorrow. X

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Snap I too weight 11/11 however I’m stuck there and need to lose more, so I will pledge to keep it there for a couple of weeks like you so I can risk the fickleness of weight and lose some without trying too!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am stretching the scope of the thread title here which I initially thought was about a remembered weight....
When diagnosed I was 14st 7lbs and after 6 months moderately low carb diet I weighed 11st 7lbs it was just an accidental side effect of lowering my blood sugar. I weigh myself every day for something to do while waiting for the shower to run hot, this morning 4 years after diagnosis I weigh 11st 8lbs. Sometimes I weigh up to a couple of lbs lighter, sometimes up to a couple of lbs heavier but always coming back to 11st 7lbs without consciously changing anything. I have never counted calories but I suspect I eat a lot less than I used to as the things I gave up were mostly high calorie and I haven't really increased my fat intake. So is 11st 7lbs my "natural weight" is there some sort of memory of a weight your body is trying to achieve?