Remind me please

chris66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can someone please remind me, at what level MMOL from HbA1c test are you considered to be type2 diabetic, had a test done last week came back as 42 mmol (was 62 this time last year so work in progress still but heading the right way, yipee) but confused with the notes next to the result?

M

Member496333

48mmol/mol or above is the diagnostic criteria for type 2. 42mmol/mol is considered prediabetic.

Good work on the reduction :smug:

chris66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jim, confused as the notes read "Consider patient to be at high risk of progres
sion to type 2 diabetes." and i thought but i was diagnsed type 2 last year how high risk does it get? need to keep it up and look forward to being able to say it's in remission!

Reactions: jjraak

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is such a strong expectation that type two is progressive - because it was so often the way to a dreadful end of life - I saw my grandmother dying bit by bit, provided with cups of tea with three sugars - crates of soft drinks, a dozen two pint bottles every couple of days, simply because no one knew how she should be eating or drinking.

Reactions: chris66

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
How lucky, newly diagnosed T2 or pre-diabetic patients are arriving here to see what they can do to change their live around before it deteriorates under a progressive onslaught of drugs.

Reactions: chris66

chris66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How lucky, newly diagnosed T2 or pre-diabetic patients are arriving here to see what they can do to change their live around before it deteriorates under a progressive onslaught of drugs.
Couldn't agree with you more, if it hadn't have been for the knowledge i gained by discovering this site and the forums think my numbers would still be rising, if it hadn't been for the fantastic members sharing ideas expirience and what they know id still be sitting here scratching my head.

Reactions: angustia

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
I can't help wondering Chris, how many people, just here in the UK, have T2 without being aware of it at all.

I would think that the numbers of children are growing year on year.

Reactions: jjraak

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jim, confused as the notes read "Consider patient to be at high risk of progres
sion to type 2 diabetes." and i thought but i was diagnsed type 2 last year how high risk does it get? need to keep it up and look forward to being able to say it's in remission!

To be candid, Chris, many of those notes or messages are system generated in response to the result returned.

Well done on the result.

chris66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To be candid, Chris, many of those notes or messages are system generated in response to the result returned.

Well done on the result.
Thank you, would still prefer it lower but at least the level is going the right way which is very encouraging.