Remission

LINMARIE

Thank you all for your replies _ well tub of what I thiught was good in bin but will buy a nice proper tub of sungle cream cant wait what a luxury!!

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Wendy thank you for your informative reply. I have been 2 weeks on the proper low cab high protein diet and a week on my own version before I could get my books in and read up as much as possible (diagnosed 3 days after Christmas) and so far a stone and a bit has been shed!! I am so in the zone with this and pleased I did not start the Metorformin. I am hoping to lose another stone within the next 6 weeks and have introduced a light bit of exercise of walking and getting up a speed if I can and either a bit of indoor cycling or moving to music. I am feeling positive and hoping that when I see the endrocologist who diagnosed me as pre-diabetic last May (reading of HBA1C 52) but came down to HBA1C 51 six months later I am so hoping that I will be in the 40's. Can I ask as I have seen others on here saying they put cream in their coffee!! do you know if that is possible as that would be a real treat to me (I would use one of those low fat Emelee ones) and I only have 1 coffee a day anyway as I have made myself drink herbal teas now or just plain water. In fact I have been a bit obsessing on what I can or cannot drink really and would love a glass of something fizzy but not sure what to put with fizzy water as read that fruit juices are a no go does that mean those Robinson fruit juices with low sugar on the front of the bottle or a Ribenna with no added sugar or are they referring to the cartons of fruit juices you usually have with breakfast can I ask what do you drink. I have put the lemons in the water but at least my 2 cups of tea a day are warming and look forward to them haha - its amazing how much I took for granted before all this happened. I hope all is going well on your side

Cream is fine if you're doing low-carb, in fact I found all natural fat is fine. Elmlea is not natural. The standard low-fat advice is not at all helpful to T2s in my experience.

I avoid all fruit juice and cordials, and most fruit, because of the sugar content - fruit drinks usually have fructose which can be worse according to accounts. I'd instinctively mistrust anything that says "no added sugar" or "low sugar" - this might only mean 18 teaspoons of sugar equivalent rather than 20. I do drink zero-sugar drinks - Coke Zero for example - as they have no effect on my blood sugars, but others have reported different experiences.

Wendyjoy

Linmarie. Agree with all the other comments regarding cream. So with single cream. Less sugar that milk! Double cream even better but you may end up with high cholesterol…. Stick with the single and enjoy!