Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hello Hazel.
Glad you had a better night.
I found it was more comfortable to have a nap on the settee in the afternoon,rember its early days yet and you will be tired from the opp and thats normal.
Try to get out if you have someone to drive you in a morning,just have a run in the car and a coffee.it passes the day and its good to see other people about.
You are fortunate having Dr and nurse visiting,I had no one ,just a number to ring if I had problems,had to go to surgury to have clips out.
Hope you have a good night x

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Hello Hazel.
Glad you had a better night.
I found it was more comfortable to have a nap on the settee in the afternoon,rember its early days yet and you will be tired from the opp and thats normal.
Try to get out if you have someone to drive you in a morning,just have a run in the car and a coffee.it passes the day and its good to see other people about.
You are fortunate having Dr and nurse visiting,I had no one ,just a number to ring if I had problems,had to go to surgury to have clips out.
Hope you have a good night x
Had another decent night, up at 6, so got an extra hour!!!! Swelling gone down a little but not fully yet....DN said Doc might give me water tabs...gee I hope not, I will be living upstairs! My middle son is coming up from Wiltshire and has booked a table at a local resturant so hoping I can manage it.....

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hello Hazel.glad things are a bit better.
My swelling took about two weeks to inprove.
I got some Sketchers Go Walk shoes from E bay,so light and comfortable,realy worth the price.
Physio thought they were great and they just slip on.
Enjoy having your son,it will be good to go out.
Have a good day x

Brightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Having pre op assessment on Monday and this morning had a letter asking to phone re two dates on offer for the op. As the office is closed today going to take the letter with me on Monday. Second knee replacement, not looking forward to the after effects of pain and stay in hospital then slow recovery at home but it has to be done so I had best shut up now:sorry: that's the problem with knowing whats going to happen next, I was so unprepared when I had the left knee done 7 years ago...I did say at the time....never again! Just thankful we don't have three knees...;)

I hope and trust its the right knee this time and not the second on the left knee??? Wish you luck and if the pain is there ask for pain killers/medication....dont be a hero....thats what the stuff is there for....on a positive note....think about how pain free you will be in a few weeks time. good luck :)

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Hello Hazel.glad things are a bit better.
My swelling took about two weeks to inprove.
I got some Sketchers Go Walk shoes from E bay,so light and comfortable,realy worth the price.
Physio thought they were great and they just slip on.
Enjoy having your son,it will be good to go out.
Have a good day x
Doc just been, I have a slight infection starting just above the ankle? could be to do with the swelling. Skin very pink and its hot....prescribed antibiotics and hubby just gone for them. Doc said if no improvement over the weekend then to phone him Monday.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Had another decent night, up at 6, so got an extra hour!!!! Swelling gone down a little but not fully yet....DN said Doc might give me water tabs...gee I hope not, I will be living upstairs! My middle son is coming up from Wiltshire and has booked a table at a local resturant so hoping I can manage it.....
Out to lunch already - pretty amazing!

Sorry to read you might have an infection. Make sure you keep on top of that.

Did you have staples?

Reactions: 2 people

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Out to lunch already - pretty amazing!

Sorry to read you might have an infection. Make sure you keep on top of that.

Did you have staples?
Yes I have staples, they come out next Thursday Lynn, the antibiotic has already started working , the heat has gone out of the leg....

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes I have staples, they come out next Thursday Lynn, the antibiotic has already started working , the heat has gone out of the leg....
Terrific.

Wish me luck for Wednesday. Hope I do as well as you seem to be. I was an emotional wreck last June.

Are you wearing those pigging awful stockings? How has your BS been?

Reactions: 4 people

Brightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
glad to hear the antibiotic is working...if the heat picks up I would not wait for the doc on Monday....straight off to A&E....infections especially in the lower extremities are not to be taken lightly :)

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Terrific.

Wish me luck for Wednesday. Hope I do as well as you seem to be. I was an emotional wreck last June.

Yes those stockings,I wore them six weeks for both knee and hip,now use them for flight socks.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Terrific.

I realy wish you all the best for Wednesday,It will be worth it,let me know how you are ,I will support you if I can x

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I realy wish you all the best for Wednesday,It will be worth it,let me know how you are ,I will support you if I can x
Thanks so much. Bad time emotionally with first knee. Really think that knowing I had to go through it again with knee two held me back. Knowing it will all be over this time is a huge relief.

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Thanks so much. Bad time emotionally with first knee. Really think that knowing I had to go through it again with knee two held me back. Knowing it will all be over this time is a huge relief.
Wishing you luck Lynn, the docs said no two knees the same so hopefully you will be OK. I know what you mean about going through the post op recovery time and recuperating... I admit I did too much today and didn't rest....knee very sore at the moment and these meds are getting to me....1...to be taken 1 hour before food or 2 hours after. 1 to be taken with food.. so I have loads of little glass tubs which would normally hold tiny beads, I have now got all these sorted into times to take. I fill in a morning and really have to clock watch.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Good morning Hazel.
I hope you had a good night.
I thought about you when I was getting into bed,after a week I was able to lay on my side for a while,I put a pillow between my knees and layed on the side of the good knee,Its worth a try.
Have a good day x

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Good morning Hazel.
I hope you had a good night.
I thought about you when I was getting into bed,after a week I was able to lay on my side for a while,I put a pillow between my knees and layed on the side of the good knee,Its worth a try.
Have a good day x
Good morning Patricia, Wish I could say I had a good night, did too much yesterday, my own fault,hubby kept telling me to sit down...haf a rough night, crying jag...but slept restfully on and off until 7am so that was another extra hour. The swelling and bruising have been too bad to sleep on my side even with a pillow but I will keep on trying. I have done nothing so far today, and its nearly lunch time so hubby ready to heat up lunch anytime soon.

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Wishing you luck Lynn, the docs said no two knees the same so hopefully you will be OK. I know what you mean about going through the post op recovery time and recuperating... I admit I did too much today and didn't rest....knee very sore at the moment and these meds are getting to me....1...to be taken 1 hour before food or 2 hours after. 1 to be taken with food.. so I have loads of little glass tubs which would normally hold tiny beads, I have now got all these sorted into times to take. I fill in a morning and really have to clock watch.
Just had a set back, Doc been and he has diagnosed the red heated patch above my ankle a cellulitis..., I did start the antibiotics Friday afternoon so hopefully they have started to work other wise it will mean hospital.