Reply from Tesco re no low carb bread..

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I complained yesterday about them not stocking low carb bread and got a reply today - I'm sure it would help if everyone complained if their local shop doesn't stock it, we can show them that there is a demand for it ;)

"Thank you for getting in touch with me.

I am sorry that we do not currently stock low-carb bread suitable for diabetics. I know how inconvenient this would be for you, especially as I can agree more that there are a lot of people who are diabetic.

Please be advised that I will be passing all of this feedback onto our Business Support Team to be escalated and to hopefully get a larger variety of stock in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your email. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]"

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I complained yesterday about them not stocking low carb bread and got a reply today - I'm sure it would help if everyone complained if their local shop doesn't stock it, we can show them that there is a demand for it ;)

"Thank you for getting in touch with me.

I am sorry that we do not currently stock low-carb bread suitable for diabetics. I know how inconvenient this would be for you, especially as I can agree more that there are a lot of people who are diabetic.

Please be advised that I will be passing all of this feedback onto our Business Support Team to be escalated and to hopefully get a larger variety of stock in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your email. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]"

I can't eat it, but good luck :) I hope you get a result.
RRB

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know if i can eat it but lots of people can, and I'd like the chance to try it. Diabetics and other low-carb eaters are not well catered for in teh main supermarkets, so it's up to us to make them aware of teh demand :)

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
I've had problems getting low carb bread even from waitrose, who have it on their website but won't let me order it online! I order livlife bread from amazon, it comes pretty quick and you need a freezer as it's not worth getting less than a few loaves at a time, but it's the only reliable source for it I've found.

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this. Much appreciated. Let's hope something appears on the shelves soon.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this. Much appreciated. Let's hope something appears on the shelves soon.

i think it will take a lot more than just my letter to make them listen ;)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Waitrose had lowcarb bread on offer last weekend...

BekkiG74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sainsburys have just started doing their own low carb bread too....haven't tried it yet so can't pass comment on it , but have seen it advertised :)

Reactions: 4 people

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tescos sell Biona loaves but not in the bread section:
IDShot_225x225.jpg

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=262144054

They do a few different types. These pumpernickel rye breads are high in a type of carb called galacto-oligosaccharides which are non digestible, so they won't raise your BG levels. They are very nice with continental meats and cheeses.

I asked about them at my local store. The bread guy took me to the normal white loaf section as he had never heard of them. I think I found them in the health food area or gluten free area, something like that. It's very filling too, because its solid and full of fibre, another type of carb that you don't digest. The only digestible carbs in the bread are in the seeds which take ages to break down, so its very slow release. Try some and test your BG levels.

Brot_mit_Wurst_und_Kaese_250366.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tescos sell Biona loaves but not in the bread section:
IDShot_225x225.jpg

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=262144054

They do a few different types. These pumpernickel rye breads are high in a type of carb called galacto-oligosaccharides which are non digestible, so they won't raise your BG levels. They are very nice with continental meats and cheeses.

I asked about them at my local store. The bread guy took me to the normal white loaf section as he had never heard of them. I think I found them in the health food area or gluten free area, something like that. It's very filling too, because its solid and full of fibre, another type of carb that you don't digest. The only digestible carbs in the bread are in the seeds which take ages to break down, so its very slow release. Try some and test your BG levels.

Brot_mit_Wurst_und_Kaese_250366.jpg
I've never tried rye bread, worth a go, thanks :)