Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stupid people.

"Intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people are not offended."

Author unkown
I am generally fearful of A.I. and what some behaviour actors could do with it. HOWEVER, I gave found this app and use it regularly for my research into diabetes and dementia et al.

I gave no conection with this other than a registered free member.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hypos and forum bugs
Hi @BigAlan your resource looks interesting but we do encourage people to be aware of forum rules on ChatGPT content.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/
B10 Recently diabetes-related material generated by "chatbots" has appeared on the internet. This is a machine-created synthesis and is therefore neither personal experience nor is it a recognised and valid source as required by forum rules. It is misleading and potentially harmful. Members who deliberately post chatbot material will as a minimum have the post deleted and other sanctions may be applied.

It doesn't look like your resource breaches this rule because it is merely finding papers for you but it's something to be aware of if posting.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd be happy with a search engine finding scientific papers for me, but I wouldn't trust AI to correctly summarise them for me.

Also, the spelling of 'summarise' suggests the app may be weighted to find American research, which will be confusing on anything to do with carbs (including the fiber in the count), and will use different units on blood glucose, hba1c, and lipids.

Haven't tried it though so it might be more useful than I fear!

Reactions: EllieM

jonathan183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I prefer to use perplexity.ai which gives links to references so you can review information ... and use ixquick.com for searches ...
Unfortunately ai sometimes gives plausible answers which are wrong so looking at the reference information and coming to a conclusion yourself is needed ...