Resistant starch

Sam9860

Hello, I new to this site. I'm into the Keto life style and have been doing some research into Resistant starch, cooking potatoes, pasta and rice, cooling it and then eating it cold or reheated, apparently this method changes the carbs in the starch to fiber, I look forward to your comments.
Regards
Sam9860

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it "works" for some but not for others.. try it (if you really want to ) and test and see is the only way to know for sure what it does to you.
Personally I just don't consider that stuff to even be food any more.

Oops edit to add Hi and welcome by the way.

Hotpepper20000

Hello, I new to this site. I'm into the Keto life style and have been doing some research into Resistant starch, cooking potatoes, pasta and rice, cooling it and then eating it cold or reheated, apparently this method changes the carbs in the starch to fiber, I look forward to your comments.
Regards
Sam9860
Even if it doesn’t spike your blood sugar (I know it would for me) there are other things to consider. It would still increase insulin production and as a type 2 we tend to already have too much of that in our systems. causing inflammation and weight gain.

I prefer bacon, cheese, and various meats that keep my BG steady.

ChristieM

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I very, very rarely eat rice or pasta anymore and I don’t miss them at all. However I would miss potatoes and toast (not bothered about bread itself). So I also read this when I was diagnosed in 2017 and I cook one new potato, cut in half so it looks like two, cool it and then either roast or fry it. I may have got this wrong but I believe the fat helps. I freeze my bread, after slicing it very thinly. Most days I have two slices for breakfast toasted from frozen. Again I read this helps. My latest HbA1c reading was 39 so not doing too bad.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Results are very specific to the individual.
I'd be really interested to hear yours when you've tried and tested bg afterwards

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Starch, if you look at the composition is 100% carbohydrate.
So in any form, would produce a spike, when it is preferable to have a curve, and low enough not to create too much insulin or glucose.