results

Thirsty

Sue, it took a few months to achieve that level of fitness but I really enjoy it now. The pool opens at 6.30 am and it's a peaceful, relaxing way to start the day, as there aren't too many people around at that time in the morning. It's cheap, too; £20 a month for unlimited access.

I used to spend more on Mars Bars!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I know what you mean about levels of fitness!I started off with weights and built up from 5reps to over a 100 now.I was exceedingly unfit before!

Linda59

Hi and thanks for replies, my son tried paul mckenna and it didn't work for him, but i will see if he still has tapes etc and have a look, swimming! I sink like a brick never got the knack of that. sorry it all seems excuses!!!

Below is a rough guide to a day's intake which was fine with dietician::)

B/Fast - banana branflakes & lowfat yoghurt,
Lunch - 2 brown/granary bread sandwhich or soup,
E/Meal - J/pot salad chicken or, meat and veg,
May have an odd snack but very rare eat sweetstuff,

And yes I do have a fair bit to lose..:(

Thanks

Linda

Silks

hello Linda.. and all on this thread too.
Iwne to my diabetic checkup yesterday.
Told the nurse I had not taken prescribed great dose of metformin.. 3x850 a day togehter with Valtasan one every morning for blood pressure and a ben fluo wotsits name ..small water tablet one a day.
she is diabetic herself so has an insiders knowledge.
so ok she reported my blood sugar n the fasting test was 13.2, my chloresterol was 6 and my blood pressure was 150/75.
Then we had agood chat.
I pionted out that since my sugar was hugh this caus4ed my body to try to get rid in water and therefore more pressure in my stastem ,,hence the high BP too.
She agreed this a reasonable observation and when I siad the metformin made me highly stressed as I dare not go too far because as you all know when you gotta go.. you gotta go.. that second and cant wait!
so she suggested Glucophage.. whch releases over the course of 24 hours.
One fora a week after evening meal and then 2 ditto
She gave me two months supply to see how I went.
I have ordered my flax oil and will start the CURE when it arrives.
Meanwhile I have read all the comments on Dipsy's blog which I must say is super.. thank you Dipsy for all that.
You all know I am a big fan of kefir and I am now seeking a local supplier of raw milk to use with that.
I am looking forward to mixing flax oil into the kefir drink as well so I will report how that goes.
Linda..... let me know if the doc gives you a meter and if not I think I may still have one around here you can have.
I will look it out in case you need it> I think I also have some test strips also.
I will search in what I laughingly call my Aladdins Cave known to others as the spare bedroom.
Stay well and happy all
We shall overcome together!
oh one thing.. dietry stuff.. you do realise that if you eat too little your body thinks there is gonna be a famine and holds on to what it has?
Read Dr Johns thread where he says he in fact ate more!
Silks xxx

Linda59

Hi all, Silks thanks for your kind offer of the meter I may have to take you up on it I asked the doc about 1 but she says have to see the main diabetic nurse as she's not allowed to prescribe 1, it must be nurse who has final say. I call it passing the buck!;) anyway I will let you know when I eventually get to see her.:)

pleased I printed the 'cure' as its vanished from site, is the kefir the same as is advertised on the site http://www.virgincoconutoil.co.uk -I have the coconut oil and love it.:D:D

Linda

Sugarhigh

Hi all,
Try calling or contacting Accu-chek customer service and you may get an accu-chek viva free. Also try lifescan they may send you a onetouch free, these meters normally come with ten test strips and carry case etc. I have discovered that if you make contact with the manufactures of these meters, they are more than happy to provide you with the meters on the basis that you fill out a test report and send it back to them (more than happy to do this if its free), they know that you are going to buy their test strips. Living here in Germany, the meters are very cheep in the chemists (EUR 5) however, unles you are insulin dependent then the test strips are very expensive. I have been buying my test strips through ebay and getting them for about half price.

cheers
John

martinbuchan

I hang around my diabetic clinic (same hospital where I work). There are usually lots of new and free testing kits lying about. I have three of four spare ones.

You should go to the clinic on a Friday afternoon (usually when everyone is trying to doggit early). You will probably acquire one easily.

Marty B

Linda59

Hi all I have eventually got an appointment with diabetic on the 31 Dec so do hope she will give me a tester, I do not attend a hospital clinic never been asked to, its all done at my GPs. Anyway will see how it goes and let you all know in New year. Merry Christmas everyone. :D:D

Linda

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Linda,

If you have no luck getting a tester then just phone AccuCheck help desk, tell them you have a monitor but it has suddenly packed in, and they will send you a free replacement, no questions asked.

Just don't say you heard it here!!!

Linda59

Well a result at last, saw D/nurse on Monday and said i was wanting a tester, was asked what kind i wanted, said I didn't know so she brought 2 out had a look and decided on freestyle light (Havn't got box to hand) but she's put strips (don't know how many yet) and sharps bin on repeat script, but not to get them yet in case i don't like this tester, i can go back n see her and she will give me another. :D:D

Linda

Fugs

Every time I go to the hospital they always give me any new test meter that they've recently acquired. My latest is well cool with funky lights and beeps which one of my cats adores.
As a consequence I now have loads of machines lying around the house.
If anyone is having problems getting hold of a tester email me and I'll bung one in the post.
I have to lost 7 1/2 stone in the last year by started to exercise slowly & built up as I lost weight. I never thought I do it so think positive & you'll get there

>^..^<

ChocFish

WOW Linda, well done, thats so good to hear
stay fit and healthy do you hear, its an order :)))

Thank you for sharing, it must be so encouraging to other forum members as well.

All the best

Karen x

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fugs</i>
<br />Every time I go to the hospital they always give me any new test meter that they've recently acquired. My latest is well cool with funky lights and beeps which one of my cats adores.
As a consequence I now have loads of machines lying around the house.
If anyone is having problems getting hold of a tester email me and I'll bung one in the post.
I have to lost 7 1/2 stone in the last year by started to exercise slowly & built up as I lost weight. I never thought I do it so think positive & you'll get there

>^..^<
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

7 1/2 st.!!that's impressive,just shows what you can do if you put your mind to it! I thought my 2 st in 6 mths was good but I'm in your shadow!!:D

ChocFish

No Sue you dont stand in anyones shadow, I remember well how difficult it is to lose weight and to maintain it, I had horrific eating habits, its a woner I sm alive still even when I look back I must have been a walking chemical factory what with chip butties, white bread spread with margarine and chicken pate, instant whip, oh no, I am going to be very sick in a moment and I tried so hard to stick to what I learnt back in the clinic, I had loads of set backs on the way to my current weight, I eat super healthy but too much of it, maintenance is still a struggle for me and I fluctuate between 9st2 and 9st8.
Still at least I am no longer 20st, but I still go to a support group I think if I didnt I could easily lose my grip; I am not as cofident and strong as some people think I am.

Having been through this weightloss thing I truly admire anyone who manages to lose some no matter how much.

So Sue I think a big WELL DONE is due

Love

Karen x

Fugs

Sue, I have to admit that I did and still do have a way to go.
I was lucky in one way - the thought of anything sweet made me feel eurgh and nothing tastes the same anymore. I had a piece of chocolate over xmas and it tasted disgusting. I put it down to my body doing its best to try and deal with the diabetes.
Its back on the treadmill. If I manage to keep losing weight at the same rate I'll be 5lb by next xmas pmsl:D

>^..^<

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Thank you Karen and Liz ,I've a way to go yet but I'm determined,even though I did slip over Christmas.In fact it was back to the exercises tonight!!

Fugs

Sue, two stone in 6 months is one hell of an achievement & I hope that you are deservedly proud of yourself. I have stupidly high sugars which must account for 90% of my weight loss- it's about the only bearable thing re hi sugars. Well that and the fact that I sleep 22hrs a day so don't get much time to eat lol.
If you're having a bad day & need someone to shout at I'm always about(sleeping aside lol) & have broad shoulders. I have days when I feel like I'm the only person in the world dieting.

Liz xxx

>^..^<