results

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Well I'm proud to say that even though I over indulged over Christmas and New Year my BS never came over 7!I fact the more chocs I ate at work the less my BS was when I got home...weird.However I knew that I would burn them off at work.I wouldn't be that lucky at home!Thankfully all chocs,at home and work ,are finished so temptation is gone till next Christmas!

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Sue,

Your 2 stone in 6 months is pretty good. I have lost 20 lbs in 4 months so am keeping pace with your rate of loss, but mine is chemically assisted because I am on Byetta, which has a side effect of suppressing your appetite so you tend not to snack and feel less hungry at mealtimes. I have about another 10 lbs to lose to reach my target weight.

Fugs, your weight loss is astonishing and puts us all to shame.

Karen, you lost around 11 stone - how long did that take?

Fugs

I think that's amazing in 14 months. How you managed it in such a short space of time is awe inspiring.
I did ask my gp to give me anorexia for a while but all I got from him was that he thought I was buliemic with the added complication of alzheimers. He said that I had binges but forgot to make myself sick.

I hope I haven't offended anyone but that's what he said!

>^..^<

sami

hi liz
i think i must have the same buliemea as you i wonder how many others do to ?

sami
just found out

Fugs

What amazes me is that the diabetic centre I go to is obsessed about weight yet all the staff are at least 3-4 stone overweight.
It's not exactly a good advert for the patients lol

>^..^<

ChocFish

hahaha Fugs, at least your GP has a sense of humour, you made me smile on this miserable, dark, gloomy Sunday morning :)))

Karen x

martinbuchan

Out of the three diabetic nurses at my centre, the only one without a sense of humour about weight is a bit of a salad dodger herself.

Marty B

Linda59

Hi all, just an update on tester, I am staying with the Freestyle Lite, so I ordered a repeat script, I got pk 50 test strips and a box of 200 Lancets, is this what everyone gets?
bloods are a little higher but I will have to see how long they last before I know if this is what I will get everytime..:)

regards

Linda

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Sounds about right! I got 50 strips but only 100 lancets,will try and get it upgraded next time I'm at docs. as 100 lancets actually are cheaper to buy than cost of prescription!

Knowledge is the key to control

ellis47

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Linda59</i>
<br />I have been to see my diabetic nurse today, eventually got my blood test results which were taken on the 17th Oct, 6.7 not bad but I have waited 6 months for this, I asked about a tester but that got ignored as she started talking about something else, my cholesterol is also down to 3.7.
Do you think it may be better to see my diabetic doctor and see if I can get any further?

Linda
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
find out all you can about diabetes
as you need to take care of your self
as much as you can and next time you see your nurse
speak out don't let them put
you at the back as she did it's your life
and get them dealing with you