1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Reverse Your Diabetes Today - Scam?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by monkeynuts, Jan 3, 2014.

1. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Type 1 · Active Member

Hi there

Has anyone purchased these books that are advertised on FB. I'm 100% sceptical and cannot find any independent reviews online. If anyone has purchased these I would like to know the results?

The books are by Dr Robert O. Young, M.S., D.Sc., Ph.D.
    Regards

2. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

• Like Like x 2
  3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Safe to say you can't reverse type 1 but you can control it, save your money buddy:)

• Like Like x 4
  4. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

If you want to listen to his rubbish, he reckons he can cure Type 1

5. paul-1976

paul-1976 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I get those ads on FB too-I just delete and block 'em-snake oil salesmen if ever I saw one!

• Like Like x 2
  6. xyzzy

xyzzy Other · Well-Known Member

People who do this for their own selfish greed need to face prosecution imo

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 4
  7. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 3
  8. monkeynuts

Thank you for the information :)

9. carraway

carraway Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Along with Quackwatch

I also like http://www.hoax-slayer.com/ and http://www.snopes.com/

Not specifically health related but great for those crazy email and Facebook posts that tell you it's Zero Gravity day next week etc

I'm a natural born sceptic.
    I also quite like to prove people wrong...........

Cara

• Like Like x 4
  10. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

Funny, my Facebook keeps showing me ads for "herbal penis enlargement" ! do you think someone is trying to tell me something :)

• Like Like x 6
  11. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Tell Mrs Mo to stop posting those ads on your page:D

• Like Like x 6
  12. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

That could make sense Noblehead ! Maybe she has enquired on my behalf ? How kind of her lol !

13. Yorksman

Yorksman Type 2 · Well-Known Member

If you want to be cured of your diabetes, I do it for £5000 via Remote Psychic Surgery from my practice in the Cayman Islands. PayPal accepted.

14. monkeynuts

I was at a business networking event this morning and a gentlemen was talking about 'Amazing Molecules' ([link removed - please don't post links to commercial websites]). I assume this is some sort of pyramid selling scheme. Has anyone come across redox signalling? I've never heard of it. If anyone has taken any it would be interesting to hear about the effects? It may just be salt water as he wouldn't let me have a free sample :)

15. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

• Like Like x 2
  16. monkeynuts

Thank you. What an interesting read. He is going to call me tomorrow, that will be fun :)

17. monkeynuts

Just received his email..
    Hi Paul

Good to meet you today and thanks for your time. It is quite a challenge trying to explain the extent of the ASEA product in 40 seconds or for that matter in a 1-2-1 session. I hope that I have caused you to have some curiosity and an interest to look into it more deeply.

If you visit [link removed] there is a product section on the home page and The ASEA Breakthrough will explain the science. In the video section lower down the home page there is the Metabolite Study which explains the findings of an independent research project at one of world’s leading Human Performance labs. This focuses on the benefits for athletes and people that work out but it also explains that ASEA has a positive impact on our bodies within 7 days, whether we are athletes or not.

The most frequent benefits that people using ASEA find are improved sleep quality, increased energy and greater mental clarity.
    Based on my criteria (ASEA is applicable to any human being!) you will know people that would benefit from taking ASEA. I would put them into 4 categories:

People that are proactive in managing their health (they watch what they eat, drink loads of water and take plenty of exercise)
    People with unresolved health problems (and maybe stuck with taking medication / pain relief for life)
    Athletes / sports people interested in gaining some competitive edge or just improving fitness levels
    People looking for additional streams of income

Feel free to fire any questions at me as they arise.
    Look forward to catching up on Thursday between 9 and 10

• Like Like x 2
    #17 monkeynuts, Jan 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  18. Yorksman

Yorksman Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Most of the income earned by people who have these 'wealth generation ideas' is made from attendance fees, dvd and book sales. They never make much from the idea as it is presented.

Most of the attendees who claim to make money by following the advice have spent considerably more on seminar fees and buying the books and/or dvds. Yet, they delude themselves into thinking that they are in profit.

The easiest way to make money is to exploit other people's weaknesses, fast/junk food being an example.

• Like Like x 2
  19. paul-1976

paul-1976 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yep! Couldn't agree more!

20. Giverny

Giverny Friend · Admin
    Administrator

Hi guys, just a quick note: please don't post links to the offending websites here. Doing so will only help them gain more publicity. Thanks!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook