Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope this helps
Thanks.

Your report suggests you had a score in the 10-13 range. It doesn’t seem to be reflected I; the graph, but as a matter/of interest, what did you eat or drink to cause that?

Bye Bye T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Congratulations @Bye Bye T2 on an HbA1c result of 34.4 mmol/mol.

Do you have your previous HbA1c result to hand? If not, the number and date logged should be available online from your GP's website.
Apparently I need to fill a form in to get access to my detailed medical records I am planning to do this on Monday as I think it’s a good idea to see where I was in the past

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apparently I need to fill a form in to get access to my detailed medical records I am planning to do this on Monday as I think it’s a good idea to see where I was in the past
Yes, indeed. Between year comparisons are useful.

Meanwhile, if your previous HbA1c result is not available online, I'd give your GP practice a bell. A receptionist should be able to read the date and result to you over the phone without any form filling. I wouldn't ring up on Monday morning though. If the Surgery has been closed since Friday evening, the lines are bound to be busy.

• Informative
Reactions: aylalake

mhtyler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not familiar with this supplement, but there are certainly supplements that are useful. Many of them contain either Bitter Melon, or Berberine. They seem to simulate what metformin does. I've used one out of the U.S. called Glucose Defense. I found it from a doctor on youtube. Its got Bitter Melon, Turmeric and some other things. It DOES work, but cure anything? Absolutely not. There's no pill that will undo NAFLD or fatty pancreas. Only significant weight loss can do that...maybe. That doesn't mean these things can't be useful. Metformin didn't agree with me, but it did lower my numbers, and glucose defense worked nearly as well. I would argue that none of these supplements is very useful without a thumping good slice of regular exercise and low carb eating to burn the sugar rather than simply clear it from the blood only to become more fat.

Last edited:

Bye Bye T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, indeed. Between year comparisons are useful.

Meanwhile, if your previous HbA1c result is not available online, I'd give your GP practice a bell. A receptionist should be able to read the date and result to you over the phone without any form filling. I wouldn't ring up on Monday morning though. If the Surgery has been closed since Friday evening, the lines are bound to be busy.
Finally got my records added to the NHS app.
Was shocked to see how high my BG figs were. Over the past number of years I recorded 103, 97, 73,and a 67 . No wonder I felt terrible.

Reactions: aylalake

Bye Bye T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Finally got my records added to the NHS app.
Was shocked to see how high my BG figs were. Over the past number of years I recorded 103, 97, 73,and a 67 . No wonder I felt terrible. Libre 2 is now showing 99% time in range over the past 3 months and hoping for 100% in the near future.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Has anybody else had success using supplements to control or reverse T2.
I’ve probably been diabetic for well over 20yrs and had been prescribed Metformin with talk of going on to insulin to control my out of control blood sugar figures.
4 months ago I started taking Gluco Trust plus metabolic advanced. I stopped the Metformin, and without trying lost 2 stone in weight my HbA1c figures arrived today showing 34.4 in the normal range I am really pleased and have been feeling great over the past few months. For me these supplements have worked the cravings have gone and I have much more energy than before, I’m interested in hearing how others have managed T2 using supplements only.
Can I just say, very well done to get to your BG levels!

I use Gymnema Sylvestra to control my sweet tooth and Bitter Melon.

I may never get away from diabetes since I'm on Steroids (due to myasthenia gravis) but If I manage to get off them it may happen!

Bye Bye T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Can I just say, very well done to get to your BG levels!

I use Gymnema Sylvestra to control my sweet tooth and Bitter Melon.

I may never get away from diabetes since I'm on Steroids (due to myasthenia gravis) but If I manage to get off them it may happen!
Hopefully you shall get the results you’re looking. I get the feeling that the majority of people don’t think supplements work and perhaps they won’t work for everyone but as I see it you can give them a try and as long as your monitoring you BG you should know if your heading in the right direction or just wasting money at which point you should stop taking them.

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As we have all realised on here, we all vary greatly in what works and what doesn't for each and every one of us. Many of us may be sceptical, but it may well work for you, none of us can say otherwise, testing is the only way to find out. The proof is in the eating.

JohnGL

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Cinnamon does it help the diabetes control, peanuts do they help with diabetes control, other wonderful herbs and spaces today keep your diabetes under control as in dark chocolate I've tried a few I've tried the cinnamon I've tried the dark chocolate seems to work for a short period of time and then goes back to normal not going to buy any of those bottles of super herbs and spices from the internet one I think it's a waste of money, and two I spoke to my diabetic nurse about it and she just told me it's a load of let's just say baloney so who'd you believe NHS diabetic nurse or some quack on the internet what are your thoughts as I'm totally confused

Bye Bye T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Cinnamon does it help the diabetes control, peanuts do they help with diabetes control, other wonderful herbs and spaces today keep your diabetes under control as in dark chocolate I've tried a few I've tried the cinnamon I've tried the dark chocolate seems to work for a short period of time and then goes back to normal not going to buy any of those bottles of super herbs and spices from the internet one I think it's a waste of money, and two I spoke to my diabetic nurse about it and she just told me it's a load of let's just say baloney so who'd you believe NHS diabetic nurse or some quack on the internet what are your thoughts as I'm totally confused

Bye Bye T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I totally understand how confusing it is and to be skeptical about all the claims that are made online about products that may help control you diabetes. For me it was a case of try it and see, I had a Libre 2 monitor which allowed me to track any progress. It has helped me my figures were very high 103 at one point and was feeling terrible. My diabetic nurse called me a few days ago and said she was amazed at my progress and told me that whatever I was doing to keep at it. I told her about the supplements and she wasn’t against them. I don’t have the same cravings, I have lost weight that’s for sure come this Aug I shall test myself again but so far so good.