Review: Miracle Noodle, Spinach Angel Hair Style

aris

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On its own - very bland. It needs a sauce, or at the very least some salt. I added Parmesan cheese and a bit of chilli oil and it was much better. The most pleasing part was the mouth feel. Very Al-dente, and perhaps somewhat rubbery, but still pleasing seeing as how i've not pasta in ages.
Availablebfrom iHerb. They do a fettuccine one too.

1709922453727.jpeg

Reactions: Antje77

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On its own - very bland. It needs a sauce, or at the very least some salt. I added Parmesan cheese and a bit of chilli oil and it was much better. The most pleasing part was the mouth feel. Very Al-dente, and perhaps somewhat rubbery, but still pleasing seeing as how i've not pasta in ages.
Availablebfrom iHerb. They do a fettuccine one too.

View attachment 66589
Are they made from konjac?

aris

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes and spinach powder. They have a different bite to the konnyaku konjac noodles from Asian shops. Not something I’d eat everyday but a nice change.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes and spinach powder. They have a different bite to the konnyaku konjac noodles from Asian shops. Not something I’d eat everyday but a nice change.
Oh that’s a shame, I can’t eat those Konjac things they give me excruciating stomach pains

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh that’s a shame, I can’t eat those Konjac things they give me excruciating stomach pains
And taste disgusting.

Glad you liked it @aris.

I found a spiraliser & a courgette make an ok fake 'spaghetti'

But if I'm honest I just don't bother trying to recreate past dishes I likely shouldn't have.

I just see it as the past, and its a foreign country I rarely visit these days.

But good luck to those for whom it offers a taste of the things people still hanker for.

Viva la difference.

• Agree
Reactions: Outlier

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I'm a big fan of courgetti spaghetti with bolognaise sauce but I don't really compare it with traditional spaghetti. It's just a nice way to serve courgettes and a low carb filler to go with the sauce....

aris

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And taste disgusting.

Glad you liked it @aris.

But if I'm honest I just don't bother trying to recreate past dishes I likely shouldn't have.

I just see it as the past, and its a foreign country I rarely visit these days.

But good luck to those for whom it offers a taste of the things people still hanker for.

Viva la difference.

As I said, this one is quite different to the Asian konjac noodles which have very little taste - it is more about texture. Much firmer. I liked my pasta with a bite (al-dente) and this replicated that. If I tried them again, i'd try a bolognaise sauce.

Courgetti is ok, but no "bite" - too soft. My vegetable go to pasta replacement is very thinly sliced white cabbage. The hot bolognaise sauce on top wilts it just enough to be pliable, but still has that "bite" that I like.

Saying that - I'm not a fussy eater, and in fact quite an adventurous eater.

aris

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've ordered some of these Edemame & mung been noodles. I'll post a review. From the other reviews i've seen, they are very nice, but much higher in carb than konjac. Still, way less than semolina pasta.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I found these although I haven’t tried them yet.
Be Keto say it’s odourless and 1.3 carbs per serving. Some good reviews.