Roasted Macadamia Nuts

Tattyjacket

I recently discovered that macadamia nuts had a very low carb rating, 6.9g per 100g.
On their own, they taste really nice.....but roasted !!
You can buy them roasted but they are ever so expensive.
Even un-roasted, they are expensive. I think I once learned that this is because the macadamia nut is and incredibly hard nut to crack.
Anyway.

Turn on your over, let it warm to 200c
Take a packet of macadamia nuts (100g).
Place them in a casserole lid or some similar container.
I add one spoonful of chilli oil.
Mix with a spoon trying to make sure all of the nuts are coated in oil.
Place in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Afterwards, let them cool. Place them in a jar with a little garlic salt.
Great for the occasional snack.

Phil

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was home roasting them I didn't use any oil as they are pretty fatty anyway just a heavy sprinkle of Maldon salt.
Also watch them as they burn really easily and will continue cooking for a while after you take them out of the oven on the hot pan.
I wasted a few that way!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I think I'd go with a BBQ spice mix, or garlic - I roast chickpeas in that and love them.

I use macadamia nuts in the cooking but very seldom as a food in themselves - I'll give it a bash.

Tiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I recently discovered that macadamia nuts had a very low carb rating, 6.9g per 100g.
On their own, they taste really nice.....but roasted !!
You can buy them roasted but they are ever so expensive.
Even un-roasted, they are expensive. I think I once learned that this is because the macadamia nut is and incredibly hard nut to crack.
Anyway.

Turn on your over, let it warm to 200c
Take a packet of macadamia nuts (100g).
Place them in a casserole lid or some similar container.
I add one spoonful of chilli oil.
Mix with a spoon trying to make sure all of the nuts are coated in oil.
Place in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Afterwards, let them cool. Place them in a jar with a little garlic salt.
Great for the occasional snack.

Phil
Thanks for that tip to roast them never knew you could do that so will give it a try.

D

Deleted member 308541

I live in a very large macadamia nut growing region, there is a lot of work involved in getting them to market hense the price.

I get a bucket of nuts every now and then from my neighbours tree, I crack them using a 2kg gympie hammer with the nuts in a rubber doormat like in the pix. I put a nut in each whole give it a wack with the gympie with enough force not to smash them into little bits. :D

Couple of links to the producers in Bundy.

http://www.pacificgold.com.au/
https://www.macadamiasaustralia.net

Mumme-7HCMNH1.jpg

c76b576b-02f8-406a-8ddb-bdc6fd4b9837.jpg

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I love to munch on Macadamia nuts. Just keep them away from your dogs as they are deadly in even a small amount.