Rollercoaster?

Jane F.

I think every person in the world experiences this feeling(of course it's much harder for a diabetic) the difference is how each person is coping with it! So never give up!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Counselling:

I too have had quite a few rollercoaster rides, and was previously offered counselling and I turned it down......however, after my incident with driving my GP offered it again, and I took up the offer this time.

THe appointment came through with a lovely counsellor within 3 weeks (she is based at my GP surgery on a part-time basis).

She has really talked through issues with me, and really made me think about my lifestyle, work and the impact that other people have on me and that I have on them. For example, I live in a community where the youngest person I know is 58, it was this counsellor and another person on this forum, that made me think about trying to find persons that are slightly younger and not so dependent upon me. She has listened to all of my anxietys endlessly, and I have found her very, very helpful. She has been absolutely brilliant for me. I don't know whether all Counsellors are like her, but she has talked through lots of issues with me that get me anxious, and has been a terrific help.

Years ago, after a really bad time I was referred to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist never understood a word I said, and on the 3rd visit I took my husband who agreed with me that he did not understand a word I was saying. ((English was not his native tongue). I got through that particular rollercoaster ride with family and friends supporting me. It put me off ever accepting any help again. After my July hypo incident, I was absolutely inconsolable and my mind was in a horrendous fragile state, but the Counsellor has helped, and made me think me more positively. Got to say though, one member here has supported me so much, I will never be able to thank her enough.

I hope that you can get to see a Counsellor who is able to help.

I know now that when life gets tough I can find some strength with my friends and family and counsellor to get through the **** that happens sometimes. I can honestly say it had been 10+years since I have been able to think like that.