Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Oh no! I am a MIL, too.

Of course, I never, ever, interfere, or give an opinion, or tutt loudly, or call round unexpectedly, or gatecrash social occasions, or ever, ever, think my DIL is not the very best woman in the world for my wonderfully, brilliant, talented, sweet natured, perfect son.
:rolleyes:
Nah, course you don't!

@Brunneria Do you think there should be a special section for 'deluded MIL's'? Possibly in with the ex-wives?

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
With a loop playing Dora the explorer song at full volume, and rats knawing at his bible, cassock and dog collar. oh yes.
And other unmentionable bits ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe we should have a Room 010 (NOT like the TV prog) thread - for all the great things we want to praise.

Anyone want to start it?

Sounds good to me, first in would have to be the wonderful people here who have helped me today.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nah, course you don't!

@Brunneria Do you think there should be a special section for 'deluded MIL's'? Possibly in with the ex-wives?

Shhh!!! For heavens sake don't let them hear you say that! They'll skin you alive!

Quick! Act natural! One of them is looking over in this direction!

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
i
Add to that the charities I have given to in the past that then put me on the database and send regular begging letters that in the long term cost more than the original donation.
OMG now you've really got me started. Only yesterday there was a girl outside Aldi, collecting money for Children with Terminal Illnesses. I had donated to her cause just 3 days before outside another supermarket in another suburb .. why did I feel guilty when I walked past? Chances are she's being paid to sit there with her tin ... that's what irks me, my money is only going to pay her wages.

I have raised $1,000's over the years doing the Pink Ribbon Girls Night In (my mum died of breast cancer so very close to my heart) ... a couple of years ago I was 'accosted' by this woman from Cancer Council as I got off the train:

'Hello, that's a lovely top you're wearing!"
'Thank you'
'Do you have a job?'
'No' (like, what business is it of yours?)
'Does your husband work?'
'Yes' (Of course he bloody does, someone has to pay for this retail therapy I'm just about to embark on ;) )
'Oh good .. then would you like to contribute to cancer research by giving me your credit card details so we can deduct $49 a month?'
"Errrr ... NO. Why would I do that? I've raised about $6,000 for breast cancer over the last few years already'
'Oh yes but THIS money would go DIRECTLY to cancer research'
'Right .. so where would the money I raised have gone then?'
She then gets all flustered - 'Oh, oh, I'm not saying that it isn't used for research, it's just that the MONTHLY DEBIT money goes STRAIGHT to cancer research!'
'Yeah whatever, no idea what you're talking about, but you're not getting a penny out of me'

I was so mad I wrote to the Cancer Council and complained ... and have not done the Pink Ribbon fund raising since. Pink RIbbon is a brand.... refuse to buy products full of chemicals that contribute to cancer that display the pink ribbon symbol on them ... something else I read said the money goes to the drug companies for research into more drugs!!!

What, those rich, greedy drug companies who have lots of money already, we are paying for them to TEST THEIR OWN DRUGS?

:***:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shhh!!! For heavens sake don't let them hear you say that! They'll skin you alive!

Quick! Act natural! One of them is looking over in this direction!

Well, of course I am not like your average MIL. If I was, I would have said I was putting DIL in for not being good enough for my lovely precious baby boy.

When in fact, I bless the day she rescued us by taking him off our hands.

Tutt, tutt!

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Well, of course I am not like your average MIL. If I was, I would have said I was putting DIL in for not being good enough for my lovely precious baby boy.

When in fact, I bless the day she rescued us by taking him off our hands.

Tutt, tutt!
LOL! Yes there is always that, isn't there? I'm actually starting to wonder if I'll ever become a MIL ... let alone a grandma. 30 yr old son still living at home with his father, no regular girlfriend (plenty of casual from what I can gather, if you get my drift). 29 Yr old daughter, just broken up with 'the one we thought was going to be the one' after 3 yrs .... best they find out now rather than later I"m thinking!

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wait a minute, @Enclave
I recall your dog, Joseph, saying in an early post that his poo smelled sweet.
Was Joseph telling porkies then?
Yes Pipp, his poo smells great out doors .. However .. Now you told him it is not so sweet and it's all over my carpet and walls I have changed my mind ... Exhausted watching the wife cleaning everything .. ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes Pipp, his poo smells great out doors .. However .. Now you told him it is not so sweet and it's all over my carpet and walls I have changed my mind ... Exhausted watching the wife cleaning everything .. ;)

Oh no, poor Joseph. Poor Mrs Enclave.

Hang on, why are you not cleaning up?

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Oh no, poor Joseph. Poor Mrs Enclave.

Hang on, why are you not cleaning up?
I'll tell you why Pipp ... it's cos them blokes leave ALL the cleaning up to us ... one of my old retrievers did a massive 'dump' in front of the telly one morning (fortunately on tiled area) and all the kids and husband were going round 'ughing and ugh that stinks' so it was left to me. Wonder what would have happened if I'd walked away as well? Still be there I s'pose :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I agree, and as a fosterer for the RSPCA's Pet Retreat Scheme I wish to thank the generous people who through their donations make it possible for people like me to help the pets of the unfortunate people who have to go into hospital/care/sheltered housing/battered wives homes till they are ready and able to have their beloved pets home again.

I take my hat off to you satindoll, your doing some great work there :)

My next dog is going to be a rescue dog after watching Dog Rescuers.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I take my hat off to you satindoll, your doing some great work there :)

My next dog is going to be a rescue dog after watching Dog Rescuers.

I have been the lucky one, lots of "Borrowed Babies" have brought love and laughter to our house, and even though we may not have much to offer other than a cosy cushion by the radiator, they have enriched our lives and sometimes its been hard to say goodbye and sometimes they have stayed. and lived out their twilight years with us.

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been the lucky one, lots of "Borrowed Babies" have brought love and laughter to our house, and even though we may not have much to offer other than a cosy cushion by the radiator, they have enriched our lives and sometimes its been hard to say goodbye and sometimes they have stayed. and lived out their twilight years with us.

Yes, plenty of grateful four legged friends waiting in the rescue centres for someone to be kind. And they are grateful when someone is. Think @satindoll and @noblehead should be going to room010 thread.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh yes, I had forgotten about them. Last year the boiler broke down. They made us wait 5 days in freezing cold, took debit card details, for a 'deposit of a penny', then took more than £200 without telling us.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes, I had forgotten about them. Last year the boiler broke down. They made us wait 5 days in freezing cold, took debit card details, for a 'deposit of a penny', then took more than £200 without telling us.

Nice.

My gripe is their management of my account. Actually, I wanted them to do what they did, but no explanation, and an extremely confusing audit trail on both the website and in the app. Hey ho.