daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Moved it for you as I think it would be useful here :)

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I would say a light breakfast first will help, I never follow my own advice though.

I find I am better with an early morning swim and running later in the day.

Do you find it drops to an acceptable level later in the day.

Other possibilities are fighting a minor bug.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I must admit I don't worry about any apart from 2 hours after eating on running days.

Your right it does take some time to get food eaten to the cells to use as fuel.

Sorry can;t be much more help.

Stick with it though it is worth the effort.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hey fellow bugster, i would say its because its a new activity and your bgs will stabilise as your body gets accustomed to the running, i have found a general reduction on average since the running and a definate hike when i stop and dont run for a week, so on average when your a little more used to it i think your average bg will be better than normal, for a 5k run or 30 minutes (ish) i wouldnt worry about eating until after the run if its early morning, i dont think its far enough for the body to need help, i think youd have enough stored energy.

absolutely nothing ive said can be considered advice mate, i have no knowledge about this medical or otherwise hehe, its pure conjecture

best of luck with the c25k program, ive heard its very successful :thumbup:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
out of interest have either of you had a burning sensation in the chest when heavy breathing during the run? its like the cold air being forced down is hurting and afterwards it kinda feels a little like heartburn but not really, im not sure if its the 30 years of smoking or the ecigs i still suck on or just the cold air?

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
Cold air, thin scarf over your mouth when you first set out helps.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
Technical buff = lots of dosh for something that does the same job as you already have.

I use the one I have for on the motorbike. Fleece bit for round the neck and a thin nylon bit that you can use to cover up with.