Running low

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Been focusing on gut health, along with my protein, I’ve been eating tons of greens, fermented foods. I’ve also been pushing pretty hard with the diet and exercise.

Readings are in the mid 3s before meals and mid 4s after. Feel fantastic!

too bad I never took readings when I was in my prime so I know what normal is for me.

I suppose these numbers are okay, as long as I’m feeling good… right?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been focusing on gut health, along with my protein, I’ve been eating tons of greens, fermented foods. I’ve also been pushing pretty hard with the diet and exercise.

too bad I never took readings when I was in my prime so I know what normal is for me.

Totally! Congratulations.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes, agreed.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
My understanding is that mid 3 is in the lower range of Normal and as long as you feel great and have no symptoms should be all good.

Reactions: LaoDan

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Bang on, post remission my fasting dropped into the low 4s but before evening dinner I could measure high 3s.
It's just how my body likes to run, I wonder too what my numbers were like in my young healthier days.

Funnily enough this really stood out wearing a CGM.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bang on, post remission my fasting dropped into the low 4s but before evening dinner I could measure high 3s.
It's just how my body likes to run, I wonder too what my numbers were like in my young healthier days.

Funnily enough this really stood out wearing a CGM.
I occasionally see mid 3s and even lower (3.3 and 2.8 are some recent readings) especially after cardio and been okay. Had a bit of low carb food and it fixed itself. I guess the body using glucose and it's supposed to and then releasing it

But still spike after carbs so not resting on my laurels either, always diabetic...

But of course all of the above is when drug free

Last edited:

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
3s and 4s sound great unless you're type 1 in which case you would not be able to get a driving license with those figures . I went down to 2.5 this morning and still felt normal .

Reactions: LaoDan

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess the body using glucose and it's supposed to and then releasing it

But still spike after carbs so not resting on my laurels either, always diabetic...

It's great to see insulin sensitivity operating normally in the basal state.
If we could just fix that sluggish first phase response then it would be job done.

I'm about to embark on knocking off a few extra stone as my BMI is still >30 = obese. Not sure though if it will improve my 1st phase response though but I'm going to give it a shot.

Reactions: Andydragon