'Safe' drinks

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Low cal hot chocolate, fortified with 2 teasp each of ground almonds & coconut flour & made up with hot water. (The hot choc includes dried milk.)

It makes a useful energy (from fat) drink & is sustaining, not just a drink.

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another fan of Vimto here!! They also do a Cherry flavour Vimto now, both no added sugar. Great made with hot water to warm you up.

Ann

Defren

Ann19 said:
Another fan of Vimto here!! They also do a Cherry flavour Vimto now, both no added sugar. Great made with hot water to warm you up.

Ann

Looks like I am going to have to try this Vimto stuff - thanks Ann.

IanD; I have some Green and Black hot chocolate in the cupboard, would that work do you think. I used to drink Whittards speciality teas and hot chocolate until I began reading labels post diagnosis and almost had heart failure at the carb content. Cheers!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can make hot chocolate with high cocoa choc melted in hot milk with a slug of cream :D :D
CAROL

X-entricity

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sainsbury's are doing a great range of old fashioned style pop, low calorie and sugar free. Orage, cream soda, ginger beer, dandelion and burdock etc. At unbder 60p for 2 litres it is good value and I love them.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
X-entricity said:
Sainsbury's are doing a great range of old fashioned style pop, low calorie and sugar free. Orage, cream soda, ginger beer, dandelion and burdock etc. At unbder 60p for 2 litres it is good value and I love them.

Good offer, Tesco's a few weeks back were doing two 2 litre bottles for a £1.

Defren

carty said:
You can make hot chocolate with high cocoa choc melted in hot milk with a slug of cream :D :D
CAROL

I have tried this, and it's delicious, the reason I asked IanD about his recipe is it seems more like a meal than a drink, and could be very useful in this 'orrible weather. Thanks Carol.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Defren said:
IanD; I have some Green and Black hot chocolate in the cupboard, would that work do you think. I used to drink Whittards speciality teas and hot chocolate until I began reading labels post diagnosis and almost had heart failure at the carb content. Cheers!

the reason I asked IanD about his recipe is it seems more like a meal than a drink, and could be very useful in this 'orrible weather. Thanks Carol.

I do use it as a easy meal (replacement) - the nut mix enhances the food value of any drink - including choc, cup-a-soup, coffee, etc. I haven't tried it with my staple drink - tea. I use about 1/3 of the suggested amount of drinking choc. G&B should be OK in a quantity to flavour without overloading with sugar.

BlindFaith

Water
Jasmine tea (loose leaf, not bagged)
Ginger and lemon tea

That's pretty much all I drink to be honest, aside from the very occasional diet coke.

KennyS

I too like Robinsons 'no sugar added' Strawberry & cream and also the apple is quite nice. For a change I will get individual serving size bottles of sparkling water drink a small amount and add the Strawberry and Cream... refreshing and portable... only use about 1/2 to 3/4 of a suggested serving..

bigbenn

Hi,
As much tap water as you can drink, either warm or refrigerated.
Any sugar free drink.
Skim milk products - nothing full cream - I use "Coffeemate" with my coffee.
Eat as much fruit and raw vegetables as you like and oranges are good thirst quenchers.
I have a liquidiser, which reduces fruit into a smooth liquid drink and I make smoothies, which I recommend to everyone.
My favourite is one apple, one banana and one avocado blended together with 1/4 cup of water to pour the liquid completely out of my liquidiser, into a large cup.
there are many free smoothie recipes on the internet, so copy and paste some of the more popular from the web page into your word processor and save to your hard drive, from where you can see them on your monitor or print them out on your printer.
Buy a juicer, which extracts juice from vegetables, such as Celery, Carrots and fruit, Apples, etc and drink the juices, while throwing away the pulp.

BigBenn

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but...really........this is getting ridiculous...

and, for the uniformed and new, also worrying and possibly dangerous.

Please, please bigbenn read the site, read the carbs and sugars in things, get informed. For the sake of your own health at least.

Defren

bigbenn said:
Hi,
As much tap water as you can drink, either warm or refrigerated.
Any sugar free drink.
Skim milk products - nothing full cream - I use "Coffeemate" with my coffee.
Eat as much fruit and raw vegetables as you like and oranges are good thirst quenchers.
I have a liquidiser, which reduces fruit into a smooth liquid drink and I make smoothies, which I recommend to everyone.
My favourite is one apple, one banana and one avocado blended together with 1/4 cup of water to pour the liquid completely out of my liquidiser, into a large cup.
there are many free smoothie recipes on the internet, so copy and paste some of the more popular from the web page into your word processor and save to your hard drive, from where you can see them on your monitor or print them out on your printer.
Buy a juicer, which extracts juice from vegetables, such as Celery, Carrots and fruit, Apples, etc and drink the juices, while throwing away the pulp.

BigBenn

Thank you, but I think not. Do you count carbs? If not I would be very interested to know how you have an HbA1c of 6.1.

Mileana

Thanks for reacting folks.

Benn, this is getting annoying, you post the same message all over the place. Read first, then post.

-M

volorg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dessicated coconut
Council pop for me all the way.

I also love tea of any description, with or without milk and can recommend boiled water as it tastes much softer that way.