People with attitude and Liars
Which brand of Salad dressing is best for Type 2 to buy in the stores

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't forget proper mayonnaise! (It shouldn't have sugar in.)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My salads are walnuts coleslaw, bag of ready done salad, a tomato, some cucumber, radishes, beetroot (fresh not pickled) celery, sweet red or yellow pepper, some finely chopped onion,black pepper (freshly ground) some really good olive oil and red wine vinegar with a sprinkle or squeeze of lemon or lime juice. If from a real lemon/lime I usually cut some very thin slivers and chop them to tiny bits before throwing them on top.
I do have a zester somewhere - I must look it out so I can add in more lemony goodness.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I do have a zester somewhere - I must look it out so I can add in more lemony goodness.
I'm not sure what a zester is, but the finer grate on one of those works just fine. It's one of my most used kitchen implements, I use it for cheese, cauliflower, celeriac, lemon peel, ginger, turmeric, carrots, cucumber, and probably a couple of other things.
images

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Equal volumes of Balsamic vinegar, virgin olive oil with Dijon mustard and crushed garlic to taste. Put in a bottle and shake to emulsify. If you don't use too much you can add a teaspoon of honey.

Reactions: Antje77

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Equal volumes of Balsamic vinegar, virgin olive oil with Dijon mustard and crushed garlic to taste. Put in a bottle and shake to emulsify. If you don't use too much you can add a teaspoon of honey.
Not sure I would add honey....

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are looking for store-bought dressings -- Caesar's dressing is usually fine. About 2g of carbs per 100g. Ranch dressing is slightly carbier, but generally okay too.

This week I made Caesar's dressing at home. Not too difficult and I have more control over the type of oil used.

Last edited:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A zester has a series of small rings with sharp edges and sliding it along the skin of citrus fruit removes slivers of the very outermost skin, which contains the oil/flavour of the fruit.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not sure what a zester is....
Mine looks like this - small and neat and you hold the citrus fruit and scrape the skin off in tiny strips with it as opposed to rubbing it against a standard grater and getting little bits:

61cKItzvxRL._AC_SX679_.jpg