Salt

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did have a tendency to faint occasionally in my younger years, but how I felt recently wasn't the same as that. I do feel much better now I have had some salt. :)

You may have over heated in this weather, and the salt will have helped with this.

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This whole subject is not about the amount of sodium. It is about our individual need for sodium as well not creating a situation where we have too much aldosterone in our bodies.

Probably quite a few hypertensives here have the following condition which has not been diagnosed.
There is no easy one size fits all answer .

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/58/6/998.full.pdf?download=true
I'll have to come back to that one another day. Looks interesting, but a bit too heavy for me right now.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To the best of my knowledge, sodium is an active atom in the biological process that play an important role in the depolarisation process in the body. It is necessary for the body. So, i think consumption of limited amount of salt is essential to maintain the optimum health. Along with this some home remedies for diabetes is also good to maintain the blood glucose level in the body.