SD codefree data transfer not working-help pls

Toulouse31

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if anyone can help me? I have been using the Codefree and today the data cable arrived, I downloaded the software and the manual but even though the driver seeemed to load OK when I plug the meter in nothing happens, no data trasfer. just an error message re data time and date sync.

If you are a user do you know what I',m doing wrong? the manual isn't any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

fionamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too am a codefree meter user and ordered my cable yesterday, hoping it will arrive tomorrow or monday, will let you know how i get on with it x

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if anyone can help me? I have been using the Codefree and today the data cable arrived, I downloaded the software and the manual but even though the driver seeemed to load OK when I plug the meter in nothing happens, no data trasfer. just an error message re data time and date sync.

If you are a user do you know what I',m doing wrong? the manual isn't any help!

I don't have a data cable for mine, but what exactly does the error say? That might give us some clues.

Toulouse31

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have a data cable for mine, but what exactly does the error say? That might give us some clues.
upload_2014-11-21_21-46-6.png

Ok, on the first screen . with setting in right hand corner.

Have inserted the lead into the meter, pressed 'on' blood test strip pic flashes on the meter, nothing happens re data transfer which should be automatic? I checked that the meter and the computer are running the same time setting s etc so can't see what I'm doing wrong...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the time set on your meter? Then onwards, is it in the same time zone as your laptop/PC?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would guess your meter clock (date most likely) is way out and if you're looking back, so 90 days, your data is recorded as outside that range.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you set it at the outset, or update it in the interim??

Toulouse31

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried with the meter initially as set up (which is same as computer) then tried changing the minuites to the exact same time. the OK button is greyed out so the only button to press is 'CLOSE'. Is the test strip supposed to flash on the meter when the data cable is connected?

Toulouse31

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorted, the jack on the cable was not pushed in far enough, I was beeing to gentle with it!