Seamless socks

rosgrech

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can anyone suggest the best place to shop for genuine seamless socks for diabetics please?

My feet don't have a particular problem but I would like to replace the socks I already have which have never been entirely comfortable with their seams to ones which will be. Daily dog(s) walking is my main exercise regime so I feel it's important.

C

catherinecherub

If you google you will see there are several suppliers. They are quite expensive though.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I love the sports socks with towelling only on the bottom. Seams cannot be felt in them. They don't cost much. John LEWIS stock them andthey are blissfully comfortable. Another ultra comfortable sock is the silk toe socks from Toe Toe online. More expensive[what do you expect from silk] and must not be washed in bio laundry products.
HJ adverise their comfortable socks widely and Cosy Toes have good ones too.
Hpe that helps
Hana
Ps I walk dogs daily too.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Genuine 100% seamless socks can be very expensive but I have found what I find to be very comfortable cotton socks. They do not have any machined seams and the toes & heels are 'hand linked' without any elastic anywhere in the socks whatsoever. I buy mine from a long established street market trader and they are branded 'S' Man Non-Elastic Socks selling at £3.99 for a pack of 3, and I would go so far as to say they are the most comfortable socks I have worn ...so much so, I buy from him in bulk and save a few bob (15prs for £15). I have been buying these for the last 5yrs (still the same price) and would not consider changing.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been wearing my seamed socks inside out for years. Can't bear the discomfort of seams rubbing.

wiflib

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hobs Do you think there could be a womens or childrens version I have small but sensitive feet.
CAROL

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
carty said:
Hobs Do you think there could be a womens or childrens version I have small but sensitive feet.
CAROL

Yes, my wife also buys her socks for jeans etc from the same street market trader and I think the sizes are 4 to 6 but I could be wrong. I will ask her in the morning and if they differ from 4 to 6 I will add so. I think they may also do childrens sizes as this chap sells underwear including children's and his stall that travels to several markets in the county is very popular with a large stock turnover.