Seed crackers M&S

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will go and have a look to see if I can come across them. It would be great if shops are able to create low carb products on shelves. In the same as free from, gluten, meat, fat free products. that would be fab.

Reactions: Mezza n

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
UPDATE - I finally found a packet, the last packet in M&S in Skipton. They go just fine with cheese, which was my priority. Enough texture and no "clagginess".

Reactions: Joona and Jo123

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I managed to find some 2 weeks ago but seen none since, I hope they don't go the way of those lidl low carb rolls.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Often they are with the health food type items, not with the other more ordinary crackers.
Once I found them on the end of an aisle, and once near the chocolate.
The exercise walking up and down every aisle at least twice is good for me!

Reactions: Joona

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipton M&S had them with the usual crackers and biscuits. All but one box gone at 0800. All gone at 0805.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipton M&S had them with the usual crackers and biscuits. All but one box gone at 0800. All gone at 0805.
"You're the fourteenth person I've told this morning - there's no call for them"

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the staff at local M&S hunting for them this morning, apparently only the larger stores have them.
Has anybody found them anywhere in Lincolnshire?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the staff at local M&S hunting for them this morning, apparently only the larger stores have them.

My store is a massive, large new one. No sign today. It's like searching for the holy grail. :)

jessj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I actually managed to find some of these. :woot: Well, actually, I asked a kind guy to find them for me. ;) There were only two boxes left, so because, it seems, they're as rare as hens teeth, I got both. But......it could be the last I try (and they are as good as many of you have said), as I asked if they had any more in store. Nope, none in the back & none on order either, because of that he said that they're either being taken off altogether or maybe just until the Xmas season is over to make room, not that they took up much. But, aren't they the sort of things along with other nibbles that anyone enjoys with Christmas drinky poos? Anyway, here's hoping that it is the latter & they will be back. Maybe if you're looking for them, you could ask & see what they say in your part of the country. This was in Southampton.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
UPDATE - I finally found a packet, the last packet in M&S in Skipton. They go just fine with cheese, which was my priority. Enough texture and no "clagginess".
Snapsies - I have mine with cheese as well and a little butter - lovely!

Edited to Add: reminds me I have a full box still which is out of date on 14th November! I don't think I will manage a full box before then - I wonder how long after their date they will be ok for eating??? just checked it's a best before date rather than use by so maybe a couple of days or so ...

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Gosh this is like the Treasure Hunt programme with Aneka Rice - except its for crackers :hilarious:

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Gosh this is like the Treasure Hunt programme with Aneka Rice - except its for crackers :hilarious:
They do sound rather scrummy though - may have to hunt around for them myself :shifty:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had a box go 4 weeks past the date with no problems. There's nothing in them to go off as such. They might go a bit soft or lose a bit of flavour but that's it, I think
And you have lived to tell the tale ... perfect they will last me in to December ...

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Edited to Add: reminds me I have a full box still which is out of date on 14th November! I don't think I will manage a full box before then - I wonder how long after their date they will be ok for eating??? just checked it's a best before date rather than use by so maybe a couple of days or so ...
If it’s a best before quite possibly ages, especially you keep them in a biscuit tin type thing. Til they go soft would be my answer.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Mrs T, a couple of days? I'd have thought a fortnight at least, if not more. Even if they get to the point where they're a bit stale, I'd still eat them. Right up until they start to show green!