Seem a lot of carbs here ?

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be interesting to see some real readings from one of these diets - I can't conceive how it could help me. , but we are all different.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The article mentions Asia & Africa and the lack of Diabetes in the populations there, and then promotes a 7 day eating "plan" that in no way matches the types of food eaten in either continent.

Reactions: welovedzig

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yeah, really seems a lot of carbs to me and I'm not even diabetic! Just trying very hard to lose weight to avoid a diagnosis.
It's the kind of thing that makes people question genuinely ethical veggies, many of whom seem to manage their diabetes very successfully.

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
That does seem a lot of carbs. I am vegetarian and find it difficult what to have for dinner (don't want the same thing every night) tonight I have had roasted peppers, tomatoes, halloumi cheese and mushroom rice. Love this and it works for me.

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
The article mentions Asia & Africa and the lack of Diabetes in the populations there, and then promotes a 7 day eating "plan" that in no way matches the types of food eaten in either continent.
Wonder which countries in Asia and Africa as diagnosis and treatment for the general population may be hard to obtain in some of them. I thought Japan was supposed to have a healthy diet but there diabetes % is 10.1 compared to 7.7 for the Uk or 9.1 for the USA . Egypt 16.2; China 9.4, http://www.who.int/diabetes/country-profiles/en/

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Reactions: uart and Hammer1964

lindisfel

Expert
Diabetes is rife in South Africa among the ethnic Cape population according to Prof Tim Noakes and he should know! D