Seeming drunk

Taffsgal

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My husband often has an mmol of between 5-7 but still appears as though he’s drunk, slurring, stumbling acting more drunk as evening goes on . it isn’t hypo or hyper, should he have carbs.

• Hug
Reactions: JoKalsbeek

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Taffsgal & welcome to the forum, :)

we aren’t allowed to diagnose or speculate what things might be on the forum. I would say if this is worrying you or your husband then it’s best if he speaks to his GP, not everything is diabetes related and it’s probably best to get it checked out

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband often has an mmol of between 5-7 but still appears as though he’s drunk, slurring, stumbling acting more drunk as evening goes on . it isn’t hypo or hyper, should he have carbs.
Quite agree with @lovinglife ... This might not be diabetes related, not directly. See a GP, sooner rather than later, with or without him. Could be anything, and we can't diagnose on here, but it doesn't sound like it's a high or low issue, as his blood sugars are perfectly normal when this occurs. Get someone involved who can actually help if it is required.

Good luck, and if you can/want to, let us know whether he's okay.
Hugs for you both,
Jo

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi and a thousand welcomes

Is your husband type 1 or 2?
How is he measuring his levels?
Libre or finger prick?

Thanks

Tony

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
We couldn't possibly diagnose your husband, even if we were allowed to. There are so many things that could possibly cause those symptoms.

To give a flavour of that, I recently became aware that in very, very rare cases some people can actually ferment alcohol in their gut which then makes them slightly drunk.

mouseee

I hope you contacted 111 as that kind of odd behaviour needs to be investigated. Could be a range of things besides diabetes related.