Should this be the ultimate diet?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been experiencing my third weight loss plateau over the past few months and am still a few pounds (20 or so) above my desired weight so... with all the talk of the Newcastle diet on other threads I thought I'd try this out for a week to see what results I get. An LCHF 800 calorie a day regime.

I intend to have my usual 2 mugs of tea with lactofree milk when I get up (this morning just had hot water as fasting for the insulin test)
Then a couple of coffees with double cream during the day.. one for lunch and one mid afternoon.
For dinner 3 eggs (probably poached) with 40g of grated cheddar.
I have put in a 10g of butter allowance in case I get hungry and another tea with lactofree for the evening.

This gives me a set of macros like this

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 15.19.59.png

Yes I am sad enough to measure the milk and cream!

So starting figures from this morning are

Weight 213.6
Body Fat 27%
Visceral Fat 13
BMI 28.9
Ketones 0.2
FBG 5.7

I'll update daily to keep me honest and welcome any thoughts..

I may change the composition of what I eat later in the week if this gets boring but thought the egg fast, Newcastle with cream diet sounded quite fun. Now I just need a jazzy acronym. any suggestions welcome. Oh yes its also zero carb (i.e. no plant).

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Newcastle with cream diet sounded quite fun. Now I just need a jazzy acronym. any suggestions welcome.
Ooooooh I love 'Newcastle with cream'. And I do like a jazzy acronym! Hmmmmmmmm. I can't make a decent word from those initial letters.

How about the Bulkbiker Debulker?
Or the Not-so-bulky Biker Diet?

Whatever you call it (and remember, that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet) I'm reading this thread with interest. Go for it!

:)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been experiencing my third weight loss plateau over the past few months and am still a few pounds (20 or so) above my desired weight so... with all the talk of the Newcastle diet on other threads I thought I'd try this out for a week to see what results I get. An LCHF 800 calorie a day regime.

I may change the composition of what I eat later in the week if this gets boring but thought the egg fast, Newcastle with cream diet sounded quite fun. Now I just need a jazzy acronym. any suggestions welcome. Oh yes its also zero carb (i.e. no plant).
BB be interested to see how this goes. BMI of 28.9 does seem to give you some slack on hitting the low calorie week. I'm down to 21.9, 71 kg and round 1.80 m and am wondering.....

Wish you well with it.
Hj

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BB be interested to see how this goes. BMI of 28.9 does seem to give you some slack on hitting the low calorie week. I'm down to 21.9, 71 kg and round 1.80 m and am wondering.....

Wish you well with it.
Hj
Well worst BMI was 43.6 so made a bit of progress

Reactions: Glenmac and Freema

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I intend to have my usual 2 mugs of tea with lactofree milk when I get up (this morning just had hot water as fasting for the insulin test)
Then a couple of coffees with double cream during the day.. one for lunch and one mid afternoon.
I have put in a 10g of butter allowance in case I get hungry and another tea with lactofree for the evening.

View attachment 23630

Weight 213.6
Body Fat 27%
Visceral Fat 13
BMI 28.9
Ketones 0.2
FBG 5.7

Will be really interested to see how you get on @bulkbiker

Reactions: Glenmac and Freema

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I do very well on a calorie restricted diet rather than fasting ( morning hormones say NOPE).

As I'm sure you know I eat my satisfying avo everyday split in 1/3 with each meal and some protein with it. About 5 oz a day. Very few veggies if any these days. They're not agreeing with me. I do have some macadamia nut and pumpkin seeds throughout the day but really aren't necessary per my appetite. Rather to keep calories up.

Perhaps an avo fast and some protein would keep your calories low and provide some good wholesome nutrition?

Just a thought.

Good luck!!!!

Reactions: pcs63 and Snapsy

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 23630

Weight 213.6
Body Fat 27%
Visceral Fat 13
BMI 28.9
Ketones 0.2
FBG 5.7

We could do with a few vowels for a decent acronym, methinks. Maybe we could have an E for each of the eggs? :happy:

In the academic research, studies with a jazzy acronym are much more likely to gain funding. Do you think the same thing applies to weight loss plans with jazzy acronyms leading to greater weight loss?

As an aside, when do you expect your fasting insulin result to be available (online)?

Reactions: Snapsy

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Posted the blood off today and it went first class so maybe Wednesday? I'm hoping I'll get an e-mail to let me know.. or with the results. If it hasn't arrived by Wednesday I'll give medichecks a call.

Reactions: bulkbiker

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning's numbers as follows

Weight 211.6 pounds
Body Fat 26.8%
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 28.7
FBG 5.1

I'l leave ketone testing until later as I only have one strip left.. hopefully new ones will arrive today . and I hear is usually higher in the afternoon..
Woke up at 5.30.. not sure why but apart from that feeling fine.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This morning's numbers as follows

Weight 211.6 pounds
Body Fat 26.8%
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 28.7
FBG 5.1

I'l leave ketone testing until later as I only have one strip left.. hopefully new ones will arrive today . and I hear is usually higher in the afternoon..
Woke up at 5.30.. not sure why but apart from that feeling fine.

Morning,

What contraption do you use to measure body and visceral fat?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning,

What contraption do you use to measure body and visceral fat?
I've got an Omron scale BF 508 which I bought a while ago.. it has a handle contraption that you hold out in front of you to measure the bits apart from weight. The gym I go to also has a very posh looking one and the results are pretty similar so I reckon the Omron is ok. I thought I got it quite cheap but it seems to be about £45 these days. I thought I paid about £25 may have caught a cheap offer.

Reactions: Chook and Freema

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've got an Omron scale BF 508 which I bought a while ago.. it has a handle contraption that you hold out in front of you to measure the bits apart from weight. The gym I go to also has a very posh looking one and the results are pretty similar so I reckon the Omron is ok. I thought I got it quite cheap but it seems to be about £45 these days. I thought I paid about £25 may have caught a cheap offer.

Thanks