Treatment type
Diet only
Numbers this morning

Weight 210.4
Body Fat 27%
Visceral fat 12
BMI 28.5
FBG 4.2!

Not bad but loosing less quickly than before when I have liquid only fasted.. does this mean my insulin resistance has changed?
I have read that the less insulin resistance the less speedy the weight loss and this is certainly backed up with my FIT (Fasting Insulin Test) figures...
Still feeling good and @Brunneria this morning's ablutions were satisfyingly substantial..TMI possibly.. but I know she's interested really...

Where are you hiding that VF? It must be well tucked away. I'm absolutely astonished to see it still recording at 12 for you!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not disagreeing, but surprised about this as cheese/dairy actually reduces my blood sugar reaction/spike in a way that other proteins (including fatty ones) dont. Its amazing how different we all are in our reactions, isnt it. I am now very wary of telling anyone that a reaction to anything is a given, as the variations we read about on here show that nothing can be taken for granted when it comes to blood sugar reactions : )

Do you have a link to where it says that dairy is know to spike everyone, so I can have a good read in case i am missing or misunderstanding something please?
Sorry it took awhile to get back to you. Could be the higher insulin spike cheese causes? Here are a few links.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dairy-insulin/

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jdr/2015/206959/ I didn't read the study, just scrolled down to conclusion

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/high-fat-dairy-raise-insulin-levels-1191.html
Well at least butter and cream have little effect!!

I rarely have cheese by itself and not with white wine. I bolus 1/2 unit for that. Maybe I'll do a test and just have cheese as a snack and see where I go without taking insulin. Now my curiosity is peaked.

S

serenity648

Sorry it took awhile to get back to you. Could be the higher insulin spike cheese causes? Here are a few links.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dairy-insulin/

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jdr/2015/206959/ I didn't read the study, just scrolled down to conclusion

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/high-fat-dairy-raise-insulin-levels-1191.html
Well at least butter and cream have little effect!!

I rarely have cheese by itself and not with white wine. I bolus 1/2 unit for that. Maybe I'll do a test and just have cheese as a snack and see where I go without taking insulin. Now my curiosity is peaked.
from your first link:If full-fat dairy really did have similarly negative effects on the insulin response that eventually led to the metabolic syndrome, you wouldn’t see studies showing that people who ate the most dairy fat were at the lowest risk for diabetes. You also wouldn’t see the high number of epidemiological studies (I know, I know) linking full-fat dairy intake with lower risk of heart disease and stroke, both of which are strongly linked with insulin resistance.
this seems to be contradicting the idea that full fat dairy spikes insulin. His comments identify skim milk and reduced fat cheese to be the culprits.

Reactions: ziggy_w and zand

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where are you hiding that VF? It must be well tucked away. I'm absolutely astonished to see it still recording at 12 for you!
Not sure guess it's still all round my organs.. I'm still in the overweight BMI category.. just not as big as I used to be!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
from your first link:If full-fat dairy really did have similarly negative effects on the insulin response that eventually led to the metabolic syndrome, you wouldn’t see studies showing that people who ate the most dairy fat were at the lowest risk for diabetes. You also wouldn’t see the high number of epidemiological studies (I know, I know) linking full-fat dairy intake with lower risk of heart disease and stroke, both of which are strongly linked with insulin resistance.
this seems to be contradicting the idea that full fat dairy spikes insulin. His comments identify skim milk and reduced fat cheese to be the culprits.
We can find countless studies favoring or arguing anything we want. I'm eating cheese and completely enjoy every bite.
I eat butter too and love it. The milks and creams and creamy cheeses ( cottage , sour cream etc) don't agree with my tummy or I'd be eating those too!!

Cheers!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was also wondering where you are hiding your body fat. Judging by the photo you posted on your fasting insulin thread ( the one covered with plasters) you look pretty normal weight to me. Looking at old photos of myself with a BMI of 28ish I look a lot fatter.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was also wondering where you are hiding your body fat. Judging by the photo you posted on your fasting insulin thread ( the one covered with plasters) you look pretty normal weight to me. Looking at photos of myself with a BMI of 28ish I look a lot fatter.
6 foot and 15 stone.. still larger than I would prefer I'm aiming for 14 stone (196 pounds)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Before bed after last walkies (for the dog and me) bloods are 4.6
Had another cheese omelette today only one coffee, 4 teas and discovered that 9 almonds weigh 10 grammes so had those as a treat..More carbs today as teas are still fairly high carb.. see if has any effects tomorrow
Food diary looks like this

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 22.24.10.png

Few more hunger pangs this evening although the almonds seem to have helped... however I now crave bacon.. maybe mix it up tomorrow and get some rashers in.. mmm

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning readings
Weight 209.2 - lightest since my teens
Body fat 27.6% no idea why it has gone up!
Visceral fat 12
BMI 28.4
FBG 4.6

Just had morning coffee after a morning walking the dog, ordering bathroom fittings and a quick Waitrose (more eggs needed as well as bacon).
ketones 2.8
Blood glucose 3.8
Seems to be working.. feel fine

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think I could eat pure fat - even if it was gorgeous butter - I'm actually not sure I could manage the egg fast either. I struggled enough with that Zero Carb experiment I did. :confused::eek::wideyed:

Macadamia nuts are almost pure fat and very delicious

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Macadamia nuts are almost pure fat and very delicious

I love them but they make me cough... but I still eat 10g but only occasionally

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Do other nuts? Almonds are not my friend. I get ravenous even if I just eat one. They're not my fav nut anyway.

Walnuts and almonds give me the runs,had them for 6 weeks didn't put it down to nuts,don't eat them now.K

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nuts of any type make me gag. I really daren't eat them. I always had to cut off the almond paste from fruit cakes. I'm not allergic. I think it is a mental issue.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Do other nuts? Almonds are not my friend. I get ravenous even if I just eat one. They're not my fav nut anyway.

More than 10g of walnuts, pecans or almonds also make me cough but I can eat a mixed bowl of 10g of each at one sitting without coughing. I love nuts but they don't love me back - I still eat them though. I am very allergic to chestnuts.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just made a huge breakthrough!
Was playing around with some numbers this afternoon and realised if I cut back on the cream in coffee I could in fact have

6 rashers of bacon and
3 eggs

and still remain within the 800 cals for today... yippee!
So it could become the bacon and eggs Newcastle Diet protocol..who could resist..?