sick and tired of being ill

cheza31

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi all this is my second post on here and I hope im not the only out of control diabetic. im 31 and have been diabetic for 19 yrs, I didn't do my insulin properly after having my little boy (he is now 8) and now the complications are stacking up. ckd is the worst but I also have eye and stomach problems I feel more like a 90 yr old. I cant do much without being tired and I have constant headaches and kidney pain. I hope you guys can give me some support and guidance as I feel alone as nobody really understands how diabetes and the complications can make you feel. I would say to anyone not doing their insulin properly to please try as I wish I did because I cant reverse what I have done to myself.

Reactions: 2 people

Geri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stress and feeling exhausted.
hi all this is my second post on here and I hope im not the only out of control diabetic. im 31 and have been diabetic for 19 yrs, I didn't do my insulin properly after having my little boy (he is now 8) and now the complications are stacking up. ckd is the worst but I also have eye and stomach problems I feel more like a 90 yr old. I cant do much without being tired and I have constant headaches and kidney pain. I hope you guys can give me some support and guidance as I feel alone as nobody really understands how diabetes and the complications can make you feel. I would say to anyone not doing their insulin properly to please try as I wish I did because I cant reverse what I have done to myself.
Sorry to hear you have been feeling rough and coping with complications. I've had type 1 for 44 years now, I often feel very tired and exhausted, (also have low thyroid and 'boarderline Addisons) but no matter how I try to control b/s on some days it just goes up and up and on others its low. The best advice I can give you is to keep trying to stay stable and control your blood sugars the best you can - it can be easier said than done, especially if you are sensitive to insulin, but you may find that this will improve your outlook and help you to cope with complications. I had severe diabetic retinopathy in both eyes when I was 25, (almost 30 years ago) but after much lazer therapy my conditioned became stable and I can read and paint, even though my sight isnt perfect. This just goes to show that you may be able to help your current situation, the bleeding in both eyes stopped for me and eventually I got my sight back, something I didnt think could happen.
I also think that one of the difficulties with having low energy is that it is difficult to plan days ahead. I still have this often but persuade myself to take B vitamins and to eat natural unprocessed foods. I feel that this does me some good and makes me feel better. i know it can be very difficult to cope with complications, especially when others with Type 1 seem to manage especially well, but switching my mind away from the problems also helps me to cope, and of course, music is also a great mood healer.
I dont know whether any of my suggestions can help, but you are not alone and many of us feel like this.
Best to you, x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Wise advice Cheza and so sorry to read about all your problems, any questions just fire away as someone will be around to offer help & advice.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I'm sorry to hear of your problems. Are you now managing your insulin and having reasonable blood sugar? If not, are there any specific questions we can help with. I'm sure you know how important diet is to keep weight and blood sugar at their best and that means low-carb. Yes, it may not be possible to reverse any damage already done but at least you can minimise any further deterioration. Do let us know how we can help.

cheza31

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i am now managing my blood sugars and should be getting a pump soon so that's good. my chronic kidney disease is my main problem my diabetic doctor said I may need a kidney transplant im just waiting for an appointment with the nephrologist. I keep getting hypos but I don't feel it till its very low I drink fruit juice to get them back up but not sure if this is the best thing what do you guys use to get them back up?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
i am now managing my blood sugars and should be getting a pump soon so that's good. my chronic kidney disease is my main problem my diabetic doctor said I may need a kidney transplant im just waiting for an appointment with the nephrologist. I keep getting hypos but I don't feel it till its very low I drink fruit juice to get them back up but not sure if this is the best thing what do you guys use to get them back up?

Liquid glucose is fastest at raising bg so Lucozade or Coke is ideal. I use Jelly Babies which work for me but if I were in your shoes (with no hypo awareness) I'd use Coke or Lucozade .

Hope the pump helps improve matters for you and your successful in getting a kidney transplant, good luck!!!!!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes for very low lows don't use anything fruit based or even based on normal table sugar (sucrose) if you can get glucose. Glucose is the fastest. Don't use Lucozade Sport as they deliberately slow down the way it raises blood sugar.

I personally feel chilled drinks work more slowly than room temperature or body temperature but that might just be me.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App