Sick day advice?

rach

I really really wish I'd paid more attention when this was given to me at diagnosis...

First time I've had an illness that's sent my sugars soaring - they're up to between 10 and 15, although I'm barely eating at all (I've just a cough and it's making me feel really naseous). It's silly as from the cough I'm not that ill but I'm getting all the high sugar symptoms. Yesterday night and this morning was ++ ketones, now just +

Been drinking lots of water... is there anything else I should be doing? I vaguely remember them saying something about drinking sugary drinks but surely that's a bad plan if my sugars are high? Really should have made notes. I am on oral medication so not sure if I need to adjust that or just sit it out with the high sugars? I've booked an appointment with GP but couldn't get one before Thursday afternoon.

Thanks in advance for any help

Dislikes
hospitals, cherries, my nite time insulin....
Heya....I duno if this is gona help..but i felt the same the other day...my nurse told me to take sips of flat coke..and when drinkin water dnt gulk it dwn just sips :)

C

catherinecherub

Hi rach,
I dont know which type you are but if you google "sick day advice diabetes" there are some helpful sites.
Catherine.