sick of diabetes

GlitterSparkles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
i hate diabetes and i want it to go away and i really want a cure to stop the pain:(:(:(

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sorry you're having a bad time, lass. Loadsa hugs.

Reactions: neithskye

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Big hug @GlitterSparkles - what's getting you down ?

A cure would be amazing, but who know's if it will happen soon or not in our lifetime, it's a bit of a fantasy as far as I am concerned, there are things that can help you cope better with it, but tell us more about why you're feeling this way and what's getting you down first and let's see if we can rally you some support and get you feeling a bit better first x

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry you're having a bad time. We all get sick of diabetes from time to time but just have to get on with it.

What kind of pain are you talking about? . . . Diabetic complications, painful injections, finger-pricking or sick of diabetes pain?

Reactions: kev-w and neithskye

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i hate diabetes and i want it to go away and i really want a cure to stop the pain:(:(:(
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way.... And I wish I could make it better, make everything the way it was before you got sick. I do have a hug for you if you want it though. *HUG*

Be strong. (Being strong also means asking for help and support when you need it). You'll be okay. Honest.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
5F6053C2-EB5C-4B6E-8431-1AB30072CBB1.gif

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @GlitterSparkles, Sorry you're having a hard time at it. Is there any anything you need from us to help? What is getting you down the most. Take comfort in the fact we all suffer together and we are hear for you and each other :happy:

GlitterSparkles

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
tahnk you eberyone your all soooo kind and i mean the pain of the needles and blood tests and all that stuff thanks agai n for the support:shy:

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
tahnk you eberyone your all soooo kind and i mean the pain of the needles and blood tests and all that stuff thanks agai n for the support:shy:

What size needles are you on in (mm) :) and how do you usually inject your medicine? What angle? How quick to you press the plunger?

Try slapping or pinching the area before injecting to see if it takes the sting off :)

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.

Try humming your favourite tune when either doing an injection or blood test, it's about using a distraction technique when doing something you really dislike doing.

Reactions: porl69 and kev-w

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m with you, I hate having it too. It’s the hour-by-hour, day-by-day management that I hate. Although, technology is around the corner that will pump insulin into you based in what a continuous glucose meter says. That for me is as good as a cure and us probably a year or two away.

TheFloppyOne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m with you, I hate having it too. It’s the hour-by-hour, day-by-day management that I hate. Although, technology is around the corner that will pump insulin into you based in what a continuous glucose meter says. That for me is as good as a cure and us probably a year or two away.

Your right about that. With the introduction of NFC chip (flash) devices the next step will be more integration of machine & humankind. The Internet of Things will enable constant monitoring of users BG, heart rate, blood pressure etc.

As a programmer this is something I'd really like to get into. Have to keep an eye out on projects on GitHub of begin writing some algorithms which could form the base of the AI brain.

I plan on taking Biology at the Open University as my next 2 modules along with my previous 2 Computing modules. Be good to move into Bio-Tech.

Need to provide hope for future generations. Open Source Automated AI Insulin Management Program anyone? Think it would be a good idea?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"I plan on taking Biology at the Open University as my next 2 modules along with my previous 2 Computing modules. Be good to move into Bio-Tech."

That was my plan in doing a BSc Podiatric medicine and a BSc Computer systems and networking didn't quite work out though unfortunately.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Your right about that. With the introduction of NFC chip (flash) devices the next step will be more integration of machine & humankind. The Internet of Things will enable constant monitoring of users BG, heart rate, blood pressure etc.

As a programmer this is something I'd really like to get into. Have to keep an eye out on projects on GitHub of begin writing some algorithms which could form the base of the AI brain.

I plan on taking Biology at the Open University as my next 2 modules along with my previous 2 Computing modules. Be good to move into Bio-Tech.

Need to provide hope for future generations. Open Source Automated AI Insulin Management Program anyone? Think it would be a good idea?
Fantastic! I did Applied Biology back in the early 90s, and one of my modules was AI (in its very early incarnations) - one of my projects was featured on Tomorrow’s World (a BBC science programme). I’m fascinated by the whole biohacking thing, with my pump, glucose sensor, Bluetooth transmitter all connected to my phone, I’m already part cyborg... :borg:

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m fascinated by the whole biohacking thing, with my pump, glucose sensor, Bluetooth transmitter all connected to my phone, I’m already part cyborg... :borg:

Whilst it's a very promising time to be living in with all these improvements it concerns me how little redundancy there is for the one device they all connect to. It's not like you can take another out of a box and be up and running in moments in case of failure.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Whilst it's a very promising time to be living in with all these improvements it concerns me how little redundancy there is for the one device they all connect to. It's not like you can take another out of a box and be up and running in moments in case of failure.
You say that... I had a pump failure on the weekend while out shopping, and was up and running again within five minutes. I carry both a phone and my Libre scanner, so always have a backup if one fails; and the Bluetooth transmitter can be quickly paired with another device if one fails. The only issue I’d have would be if my pump control unit fails or is lost, but they will get another to you within six hours. But I always carry an old school meter and syringe, just in case.

Reactions: porl69