Side effects of diabetes medication

Hi

I am a final year pharmacy student at Kingston University, I am currently completing my project on the side effects of diabetic medication. I am doing this study to explore how you may deal with side effects in your diabetic medication and how frequently you may experience them.

The Project Title is: Explore the experience of patients on Adverse drug reactions (ADRs) and the perception of patients and pharmacists on reporting of ADRs with a focus on diabetic medication.

I would like to ask if you would help me by participating in a short survey (10 minutes) on your experience.

The link is here: https://forms.gle/AYsrLUSHy4tB8Es47

IF YOU ARE NOT ON ANY MEDICATION MENTIONED YOU ARE STILL WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SURVEY, SKIP SECTION A and GO ONTO SECTION B! THANKS

No personal information will be asked in the survey. Nothing will enable to the reader to identify who the respondent was. All information we gain from you will be maintained in a strictly confidential manner. The results will be used as part of my dissertation. It will be made available to my supervisor, the teaching team and students within the Department of Pharmacy at Kingston University as deemed necessary.

By completing the survey and submitting an answer, this will be considered implied consent. There are no risks associated with participating in the study. If at any point you feel uncomfortable you do not need to continue taking part in the survey and you can exit at any time without it affecting your education/relationship with the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing at Kingston University in any way.

If you want to withdraw do not submit an answer and exit out the survey form.

[Moderator edit - this research has been approved]

Last edited by a moderator:

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a note having done the survey. One of the options that may confuse things is I suspect many people have been given alternative options or reduced doses due to side effects.

Particularly Metformin. Dropping from from 1g to 1g, or 0.5g. Or moving the slow release which isn't quite "stopping" which is the only option i could see.