Silly Question

mymate

I have just changed the insulins that I take from, Novorapid and Insulatard to Apidra and Lantus. This got me thinking that I had better carrying some form of ID to notify people that I am diabetic just in case I should collapse in a heap somewhere. There are many available but would I be classed as just a type 2 or would I now be classed as insulin dependent having taken insulin for almost two years thus far? Any advice gratefully received.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I would go with insulin dependant if possible as this would indicate to healthcare providers of possibility of hypo's.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree with Mo, insulin dependant would best explain your needs in an emergency situation :)

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I carry a card by Novametrix 30 FlexPen the card gives my name my date of birth my NHS number and emergency contact details. There is a space on the back of the card where you can write the insulins you are taking. There is a nova Nordisk customer care number 0845 600 5055 I think if you ring this number you would be able to get a card, or maybe your pharmacist will have one.

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
No you are not Insulin Dependant, your still a type 2 insulin dependant means type 1 or 1.5 and though the UKDA you can buy bracelets that have type 2 diabetic on them Identification and Jewellery

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Insulin dependent, will alert people and emergency services quicker that you have injected insulin working in you should the need arise ~ hopefully wil not ,but, just in case.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How about "Type 2 - Insulin Using"? That would let them know that you are a Type 2, but you have to use insulin.