Silly Questions. Type 2.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
If you really like bread you could try Burgen Linseed and Soya a lot here have that but a recent discovery if you live near a Lidl is their Protein rolls they are baked in store are triangular and very dark and seedy lots of members here are having them and are thrilled to find they don't raise their BG levels. Not all Lidls do them yet my local one didn't for a while but now they do so always worth a look if you have one where you live. My T2 husband was not to keen on them at first but now he does have them as he knows they are better for him

Yes, and with a good knife, I can get 4 slices from one (2 open sandwiches and two in the freezer for next time!

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Only other ingredients I used was this curry paste low carb on jar, tahini & coconut milk didn't really taste like a curry
usually make mine from fresh spices and coconut milk, never go near a jar as they can sneak in hidden carbs!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmm this is an expensive illness do you test every meal? I will have to get to know what spikes my sugar. Also can you get low carb crackers for cheese? It's a shame supermarkets don't shelve a variety of low carb stuff. They do for gluten free.
Most rye cracker like Ryvita are lower carb than bread, I like the rye crackers from Aldi they are thinner than Ryvita

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd like to thank everybody in this thread for being so helpful and supportive to me and each other. It's great to talk to you all and get as much info as possible to help me get started. Tomorrow I see the doctor at 9.30am for the breakdown of my glucose tolerance test and then the Diabetic Nurse next Thursday 27th. I shall keep you all posted. x

Reactions: 6 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
I'd like to thank everybody in this thread for being so helpful and supportive to me and each other. It's great to talk to you all and get as much info as possible to help me get started. Tomorrow I see the doctor at 9.30am for the breakdown of my glucose tolerance test and then the Diabetic Nurse next Thursday 27th. I shall keep you all posted. x
Hope all goes well.