Skin tac wipes

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all I was wondering would the skin tac wipes stop the marks on my skin after removing the infusion set.
I have tried cavlon cream but still goes red after a few days and starting to look a bit blotchy now we're I insert them.
Thanks

Reactions: 2 people

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all I was wondering would the skin tac wipes stop the marks on my skin after removing the infusion set.
I have tried cavlon cream but still goes red after a few days and starting to look a bit blotchy now we're I insert them.
Thanks

Hi. I'd be interested to hear replies too as I have marks which take some scrubbing to remove completely!!!

Aisling

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
All Exercise(very Lazy!)
I use skintac and ive no reactions. My skin is very sensitive and cavilon helps but does not prevent red blotches appearing.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use skin tac to hold my CGM sensor onto my skin, its an additional adhesive, I would think it would have a worse effect on your skin (if it reacts) than not using it. I would not use it for an infusion set as these are only on for 2-3 days in any case and do not need more adhesive.

I do not get too many red marks from infusion sets, but always get red marks when I remove my CGM sensor after using skin tac.

gem09

Thanks
Same problem with pump set infusion site. Tried cavilon spray last night for the first time so hoping when I remove this it won't be so red

Sent from my D5803 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Cavilon is renowned for leaving red marks. A lot of people are allergic to it despite it being hypoallergenic. It also takes some scrubbing to remove as its water resistant for 24 hours. Often used in incontinent patients to prevent rashes as allows no moisture on skin.