Type 2 Sleeping (how Many Hours Did You Sleep Last Night?)

mike.sobhy

I use an app called "Sleep Better" or "Pillow Automatic Sleep Tracker" to see my sleeping stats

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180903-055001.jpg
    Screenshot_20180903-055001.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 621
M

Moggely

How many hours did i sleep last night..Hmmmm. Probably about 3 and that's a good night.:hilarious:. Hopefully tonight will be 4.

Reactions: Freema

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An important topic.

At the moment I am rationing my coffee to 2 cups first thing. Any more and it affects my sleep.

Interesting podcast from bbc r4, July 11 ( inside health ), discussing nhs sleep clinics;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b92wyn

Oh 7.5 hours to answer your original question.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My new fitbit monitors sleep too but I haven't set it up yet.
If I take my 3 kinds of painkillers together I sleep off. If I don't take full 4 sets of painkillers in the day I wake after 5hrs in huge crying pain.
Without painkillers before sleep I'm in pain all night. Then it affects my day.

Its taken trial and error to get here.

I have autistic 5yr old waking us up through the night wetting the bed.
I'm not far off 50yrs old.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I usually sleep well. I tend to wake as it gets light, so currently around 0600. I do need 7-8 hours sleep so I go to bed around 2200, and get to sleep straight away. If I don't get at least 7 hours I have a siesta mid afternoon.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:D Sleep monitoring is my latest wheeze - after a period of insomnia which seems to have been 'broken' by applying magnesium oil to my legs before bed. Am now sleeping much better, deeper and longer.

The App I use is called Sleep Watch (its free), and gives all sorts of fascinating data such as sleeping heart rate dip and how much of the night's sleep was restful or restless.

Last night I had 6hrs 45 mins of sleep, of which 4hrs 35 was restful. I woke up feeling rested. My sleeping heart rate dipped satisfactorily, but was somewhat irregular. Chocolate overload perhaps? I visited a Hotel Chocolat shop yesterday and came home with some choc puddles in 70% choc. :D

edited for spelling

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6 hours last night, I usually sleep longer but woke early because of worries re things I have to do today.

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9hrs 45 mins last night, according to my FitBit. But I just got back from the US, so that's jet lag ;)

Cat in avatar was confused over whether she should give me the cold cat shoulder or be all over me in case I left again. She chose the latter in the middle of the night, after ignoring me all day.

M

Moggely

My new fitbit monitors sleep too but I haven't set it up yet.
If I take my 3 kinds of painkillers together I sleep off. If I don't take full 4 sets of painkillers in the day I wake after 5hrs in huge crying pain.
Without painkillers before sleep I'm in pain all night. Then it affects my day.

Its taken trial and error to get here.

I have autistic 5yr old waking us up through the night wetting the bed.
I'm not far off 50yrs old.
Oh @ickihun I really feel for you with all that pain. Makes me, at my age,never to complain again. You really are an inspiration. God bless your children also, as they are your blessing.

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder how many people are lying awake worrying about the results of their sleep monitoring? If it ain't broke don't monitor it !

Reactions: Freema and Robbity
M

Moggely

Now @Mr_Pot maybe you sleep very well, but some of us don't. I think this thread is indeed a very good one. Now go back to sleep:hilarious: and i mean that in a very sincere and playful way.:playful:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder how many people are lying awake worrying about the results of their sleep monitoring? If it ain't broke don't monitor it !

Hmm well, for those of us whose sleep is 'broken' it can have a huge impact on nearly every aspect of the rest of our lives.

So we will use every weapon in our armory to try and get things back on track - and my sleep App has been very helpful indeed, so far.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now @Mr_Pot maybe you sleep very well, but some of us don't. I think this thread is indeed a very good one. Now go back to sleep:hilarious: and i mean that in a very sincere and playful way.:playful:
I do indeed have no problem sleeping. My wife on the other hand has a nap in the afternoon complaining that she can't sleep at night. The reason she can't sleep at night is because she has a nap in the afternoon, and then reads with the light on until 2am. You might see the reason for my cynicism. On a more positive note, I extended my sleep during the summer from 6hrs to 8hrs simply by buying some thicker curtains.

Reactions: zand