Slimming world...

dotsy1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has tried slimming world? I joined last week and have found it pretty tough with carb counting as the diet says to fill up on pasta, potatoes, veg and fruit.

Since I was diagnosed last year I haven't ate much fruit as I found it difficult to work out how much insulin to take. Ive managed OK this week but have had a few hypos which has meant my weight has stayed the same and I haven't lost.

Does anyone who is doing the diet have any advice or any "better" alternatives for a hypo?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

AmandaD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've lost 7.5 stone the last year with Slimming world. I only eat the amount of carbs I want and tend to steer more towards low carb. I'm on an insulin pump so carb counting is my lifeline. With fruit, I bolus half, if I take the full amount I'll go low but that is personal to me and something I had to work out myself. If I am having pasta or rice its the wholemeal version as I find it better for my blood sugars. Any weeks I had hypos I didn't lose or went up. Ask your consultant for the Slimming world and diabetes book.

Reactions: 2 people