1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Small daily aspirin dose 'cuts cancer risk'

Discussion in 'Diabetes News' started by Sid Bonkers, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

2. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend

That is good news for me as I am at high risk of stroke or heart attack because of family history and am already taking my daily aspirin. Of course no-one should start taking it without talking to their GP first because of possible incompatibility with certain other medications.

3. Cowboyjim

Cowboyjim · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Daisy... suppose I am the same... on Lisonpril awa the DM meds... so I am never far from the lav.... 8)

4. Hobs

Hobs Type 2 · Master

Good news for me too as I have been on 150mg daily for many years (around 17) and this sure does make good reading for a change.

5. Cowboyjim

Often wonder why my quack, sorry HCP, hasn't discussed this with me... they were also pretty cool about vit/min supplements and Benecol... a bit like "you wanna spend your money then go ahead but..." Hmm, not very helpful. 8)

6. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

This has been mentioned in most of the papers and covered by tv today, the small dose they are referring too is a 75mg tablet taken daily, but they are warning people not to start taking aspirin unless they have consulted their gp first.

Nigel

7. Cowboyjim

Good point Nigel but as I said I actually brought this up with the nurse with the aforementioned reaction. Maybe even she has read this... then gone out and bought some shares in aspirin makers! 8)

8. Cowboyjim

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook