daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
That is good news for me as I am at high risk of stroke or heart attack because of family history and am already taking my daily aspirin. Of course no-one should start taking it without talking to their GP first because of possible incompatibility with certain other medications.

Cowboyjim

Sorry to hear that Daisy... suppose I am the same... on Lisonpril awa the DM meds... so I am never far from the lav.... 8)

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Good news for me too as I have been on 150mg daily for many years (around 17) and this sure does make good reading for a change.

Cowboyjim

Often wonder why my quack, sorry HCP, hasn't discussed this with me... they were also pretty cool about vit/min supplements and Benecol... a bit like "you wanna spend your money then go ahead but..." Hmm, not very helpful. 8)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
This has been mentioned in most of the papers and covered by tv today, the small dose they are referring too is a 75mg tablet taken daily, but they are warning people not to start taking aspirin unless they have consulted their gp first.

Nigel

Cowboyjim

Good point Nigel but as I said I actually brought this up with the nurse with the aforementioned reaction. Maybe even she has read this... then gone out and bought some shares in aspirin makers! 8)