1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Smart Watch

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Connie’s Dad, Feb 7, 2019.

1. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Not noticed that to be honest

2. porl69

Not noticed that to be honest

3. MaherOlivia

MaherOlivia · Member

I made initial attempts to set up the xdrip on an android smart watch at the weekend. Using Libre and Miao Miao. Very basic questions! Is it the same xdrip app for the watch? Downloaded from the same link that I got the phone app? How do I 'select watch face for xdrip+'? On the smart phone the 3 dots are not visible so cannot be clicked .. . Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

4. Knikki

Knikki Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi sorry saw this yesterday but only now found the time to reply.

Yes the xDrip on watch is the same as on the phone.
    Your Watch will need to have Google Wear installed.
    Once you have installed on the phone go to the watch go to Play Store scroll down and you should see xDrip from which you should be able to install on to the watch.

Try this links

https://miaomiao.cool/pages/how-to-use-miaomiao-with-xdrip

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. MaherOlivia

MaherOlivia · Member

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm using the link above but I cannot 'select watch face for xDrip+'. The menu on the top left of the watch screen is not visible (the watch has a round face).

6. Knikki

Ok Which watch are you using?

7. MaherOlivia

MaherOlivia · Member

It's a Kospet Hope Lite 4G LTE Mobile Smart Watch. I have paired it to the phone and I have down loaded the Xdrip app and I even got readings on the watch but then the phone wasn't updating or the follower phones. I'm think I need to access the menu on the smart watch screen but that corner is cut off. ????

8. Knikki

OK sorry I am struggling now as it is not a watch I know.

Here is another link this time from xDrip https://github.com/jamorham/xDrip-plus/blob/master/Documentation/WatchGuide.md

Don't know if that will help.

I would have thought that somewhere in the watch menu you would have the ability to "Change Watch Face" (might be in the "Settings" menu where is has a collection of different faces, you might need to find the one which is "small" for xDrip.

Oh one last thing I think the Watch needs Google Wear OS to be at version 2.0 but where you see the version on your watch I simply do not know.

If not then sorry stuck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MaherOlivia

MaherOlivia · Member

It's a Kospet Hope Lite 4G LTE Mobile Smart Watch. I have paired it to the phone and I have down loaded the Xdrip app and I even got readings on the watch but then the phone wasn't updating or the follower phones. I'm think I need to access the menu on the smart watch screen but that corner is cut off. ????

10. MaherOlivia

MaherOlivia · Member

I'll try all that out.... Thanks!

11. porl69

@MaherOlivia I am sorry BUT I am not familiar with that watch. Keep us posted on how you get alone with it

12. MaherOlivia

MaherOlivia · Member

No luck yet. One of the issues seems to be that the Xdrip app is not available to me on the Play Store. I download online. I'm in The Republic of Ireland. Therefore I cannot enable the wear option. The xdrip on the smart watch looks exactly the same as on the phone and not like the images in the support docs online. I can't see a way around this.

13. porl69

Xdrip is not available in the app store.

https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ste2run

ste2run Type 1 · Newbie

Hello, is the Samsung Galaxy Active could work with XDrip+ without a phone after installation. So, the watch gathering data directly from MiaoMiao without phone acting as a gateway?
    Thanks
    Ste
    [​IMG]

15. Knikki

Answer I don't know. Samsung smart watchs use a bespoke OS called Tizen ( I think) which is one reason I didn't get one. I have in the past few months use Google and I think some have got working, sorry didn't make a note of the links.
    But if you follow the Github link above you can download and try xDrip as it is free software :)

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook