So Happy, Did it in 3 Months!

Allic1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed on 11th July, my fasting blood test on 4/7/13 revealed that I was a diabetic, at pre stroke level with high cholesterol and high triglycerides, less than 3 months on, I've lowered everything! :D

So my fasting BGL in July was 12.8 my HBA1C on 24/09/13 is 5.7% (39 mmol/mol) (eAG 6.5) :p
Triglycerides was 2.5 and now 1.0
HDL (the good) was 1.11 now 1.25
LDL (the bad) was 2.9 now 1.3
Total Cholesterol was 5.2 now 3.0
Lost 6.5Kgs (14.3 pounds)
Size 16 down to a Size 12

I'm still going to be on the metformin until December, my Doc wants my pancreas to have a rest I just have to monitor myself to make sure I don't have a hypo! :crazy:

My hard work of 4 Aqua classes and 2 body balance classes has paid off, but no slacking off now I need to lose another 6.5 Kgs if I can :wink:

Good luck to everyone and if I can do it, YOU CAN! :thumbup:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Superb results. This doesn't just happen by accident but takes determination and effort. Congrats !
Mo

Allic1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
mo1905 said:
Superb results. This doesn't just happen by accident but takes determination and effort. Congrats !
Mo

Thank you it means so much that you commented! :D

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
well done keep up the good work i wish you all the success with the other half

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Congratulations, it's hard work, but well worth it!

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting that. It helps inspire those who have yet to start doing something and encourage those who have started but who are having a few nagging doubts.

Plus, it's a nice big 'up yours' to my DN who maintains nothing can be done.

K

Kat100

Congratulations that is amazing....and in such quick time...pleased for you Kat x

K

Kat100

Do you want to share some of the ways in which you achieved these excellent results.....might be good to know.....x

Allic1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks to everyone that replied, and good luck to you all too!

Hey Yorksman, I think DN's are the same the whole world over, must be in their job description.... :crazy: I didn't expect to see those results, I didn't cut my carbs down that much, but I did swap white for brown and checked my BS about 7 times a day for 3 whole months, kept a food diary and exercised big time, but only Aqua and body balance, in the hope of trying to beat this I am now taking on new challenges like deep water running, boxing and pump classes but still doing 1 Aqua class and my 2 body balance classes, I think I need those LOL

Good luck and thanks :thumbup:

Allic1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Kat100 said:
Do you want to share some of the ways in which you achieved these excellent results.....might be good to know.....x

Hi Kat,

The first month was the hardest, I cut out everything, I made myself eat, a small roast dinner with only a few potatoes every other night, the other nights I had a chicken stirfry with brown rice, and as I treat I had high fiber pasta with bolo sauce, all homemade no takeaways, I did have 2 low carb beers on a fri and sat (you still got to live right?)

Lunch was a brown bread, a really light one, not dense of heavy with meat/eggs and salad or just roasted chicken LOL

5 days a week I have Aldi porridge oats, with fiber powder, made with water and sweetened with stevia heat on the stove ones, I found it was the only ones I could eat without my BS spiking...
2 days, bacon, eggs ect but done in the air fryer :)

dessert was strawberries with chobani greek yogurt with stevia, so I didn't feel like I was missing out...

Then as I looked at my food diary and my BS numbers I could see what I could and couldn't eat and when the weight started to fall off, my BS numbers looked better, so I reintroduced other food.

I was taking 1 metformin in the morning and 2 on the night, and like I said I worked my A$$ off on Aqua class 4 times a week and 2 body balance classes, I actually think it was this that has helped, for anyone that hasn't tried an aqua class try one they even have dumb bells now :crazy:

I still did eat chocolate, either a small snack size snickers or 3 squares of cadbury chocolate, and I am one of the lucky ones that metformin didn't give me any side effects.... it was the brown rice :lol:

Everyone is different, and that's why I think it's important to test at least 6 times a day, keep a food diary and get active!
cheers
Alli :thumbup:

K

Kat100

Thanks for sharing alli....I am trying to get my last 2 hba1c tests from 6.5 to in the 5' it was 19 a year ago and I felt very unwell......
Ideas what I can do.....I take metformin......t2
I use sweeteners....and I am a veggie....
Best wishes Kat