So Happy

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
A special hello to anyone embarking on a low carb high-fat diet, and to the ones who are already on this journey keep it going you have so much to gain. Before I went on the journey I was in a sorry state, I had diabetes 2 breathing at times was an effort, walking any kind of distance was too painful. my weight was 17 st 3lbs I am a male 5ft 8" tall and was 67 years of age. I went for my annual checkup with the diabetic nurse and my blood sugar was 19! So she said I was on the maximum metformin and it was looking like I would have to start having insulin injections, this frightened me enough to change.
I was lucky enough to come across a video on YouTube the Diet Doctor, and it convinced me my lifestyle was killing me. well, the good news is I am no longer on medication for diabetes, my blood sugar is averaging 4.5, I can now walk over distance pain-free, I am, no longer breathless, and my weight is averaging 11 stone 11 lbs, and I feel like a million dollars! I hope you will find my story encouraging. PS I had a hbc1 test 3 months after stopping the medication and the result was normal yippee. I am now 70 years of age and feeling great.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What a complete turnaround! You are an inspiration and in my opinion you deserve a dozen Trophies. I would love to see your story in the 'Testimonials and Success Stories' part of the forum. Well done, Sir, you are a star.

Reactions: KK123

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Viv0147 Thank you for sharing your story, it's great to hear these stories as they give hope to those who struggle with their diagnosis. Please continue to share whenever you can :)

Reactions: Viv0147

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Viv just want to say what a great testimonial and so encouragingto u Enjoy summer and those walks.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really well done what a massive turn around for you. An inspirational story thank you for sharing with others

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey @Viv0147 what a wonderful story and you must be so pleased to be entering your 70's in such great shape! You have a couple of years on me, but you encourage me to stay the course with LCHF - Moderate fat for me because of gut issues - but that is fine too! Keep plugging along - you are a true winner:) Blessings/L