So many questions

dmhmsh

Being a new member I have so many questions, I have asked a couple but one question that is at the top of my list is, when does the burning and blurry eyes go.
Thanks Mike

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, for me the minute I had my first insulin shot on diagnosis was when my eyes went blurry. As a 57 year old I never even wore glasses so it came as a shock. Although the insulin reduced my glucose levels immediately it took around 4 months before my eyes went back to normal.

mouseee

T2 here and blurry eyes were one of my symptoms. I had exactly the same question! Good job I could ask on here too!
It's the high blood glucose that makes them blurry and then when the bs goes down it's the brain that has to readjust to the normal amount of sugar again.
Mine took 6 weeks to go back to normal from diagnosis.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Being a new member I have so many questions, I have asked a couple but one question that is at the top of my list is, when does the burning and blurry eyes go.
Thanks Mike
What did you mean by "burning"?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The burning feeling is like when you get some sun cream lotion or something similar, horrible feeling.
I am still not sure where this burning occurs. If it is in your eyes then I haven't experienced that or heard it mentioned by others.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Usually and through my experience, blurred vision and the burning sensation around your face or other extremities can be attributed to quick spikes and drops of blood sugar levels, due to many things.
Which include, insulin resistance, intolerance to certain foods, typically carbs and sugars, high levels of circulating insulin, and other hormonal responses to the food ingested.
We all have different rates of how quickly glucose is derived from food, because of diabetes and hormonal response. But the rule of thumb is less carbs, less higher spikes.

With T2 and/or prediabetes control of blood sugar levels is really important!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Burning or itching is very common with uncontrolled diabetes.
What are you doing to improve your control @dmhmsh?

Jenna smith

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I very new to this and i wondering if people could give some advice on had to deal with this I have type 2 diabetes and I’m taking medication I’ve had a lot of symptoms for a very long time always going to the toilet always tired and just not been myself for a while I’ve been told I need to make a big change to my lifestyle but I’m founding it very hard and I don’t like a lot of foods and I need some help please

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I very new to this and i wondering if people could give some advice on had to deal with this I have type 2 diabetes and I’m taking medication I’ve had a lot of symptoms for a very long time always going to the toilet always tired and just not been myself for a while I’ve been told I need to make a big change to my lifestyle but I’m founding it very hard and I don’t like a lot of foods and I need some help please

Hi @Jenna smith and welcome to the forums. I think you’d get more responses if you started your own thread to ask this question.

Alternatively I could move your post into a new thread if you’d prefer. Just let me know. In the meantime here’s a link to some useful information http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What foods do you like? Maybe they can be used to help.