So Pleased

Jimbhoy

Have had diabetes type 2 for 9 years.
In March I joined a X Pert diabetes class. Six weeks of Monday mornings, and learned a lot of stuff I didn’t know.
I already went to gym five days a week but wasn’t losing much weight. The course led me to reducing my carb intake and portion size. In March 2018 I was 13 stone 8 lb and my Hb1ac was 65.
My target was to get under 13 stone and lower my HbA1c. I soon got under weight target and continued to lose weight.
Today I weight in at 11 stone 11 and 3/4 lb.
really pleased as I have not been under 12 stone for over 40 years (now 67). Last week I had blood test for anti-coagulation check and I asked for HbA1c check too.
Results yesterday I was told that my HbA1c has changed from 65 to 40. I have been told I don’t need to take linagliptin any more and my metformin will be reduced from 2 tablets morning and evening to 1 tablet. Subject to another HbA1c check in November I will stop taking any meds for diabetes.
I am really pleased to reverse type 2 diabetes.
It can be done.
Go for it.
Kind regards
Jim

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's really good and I hope your GP is pleased. I help diabetes UK as a volunteer and use the x-Pert handbook all the time. What's been the most useful source of information for you?

Jimbhoy

That's really good and I hope your GP is pleased. I help diabetes UK as a volunteer and use the x-Pert handbook all the time. What's been the most useful source of information for you?
I think the information about different foods was useful. My diabetes nurse kept telling me to cut down on carbs and I said I eat little pasta, bread, rice, potatoes. But the x pert book showed me more about other foods high in carbs. I still eat too much fruit probably as I love it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Have had diabetes type 2 for 9 years.
In March I joined a X Pert diabetes class. Six weeks of Monday mornings, and learned a lot of stuff I didn’t know.
I already went to gym five days a week but wasn’t losing much weight. The course led me to reducing my carb intake and portion size. In March 2018 I was 13 stone 8 lb and my Hb1ac was 65.
My target was to get under 13 stone and lower my HbA1c. I soon got under weight target and continued to lose weight.
Today I weight in at 11 stone 11 and 3/4 lb.
really pleased as I have not been under 12 stone for over 40 years (now 67). Last week I had blood test for anti-coagulation check and I asked for HbA1c check too.
Results yesterday I was told that my HbA1c has changed from 65 to 40. I have been told I don’t need to take linagliptin any more and my metformin will be reduced from 2 tablets morning and evening to 1 tablet. Subject to another HbA1c check in November I will stop taking any meds for diabetes.
I am really pleased to reverse type 2 diabetes.
It can be done.
Go for it.
Kind regards
Jim
Fantastic achievement well done, you must be feeling on top of the world :)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic results @Jimbhoy well done.:happy::singing: Great that you have put your diabetes in remission.:) I did the same and off all diabetes meds now ( I still take 1 Metformin a day for its other benefits). Keep up the great work:smug: