So tired after eating carbs

Maddiemo1

Hi. I have only just been diagnosed with pre diabetes but I always felt it. I have always had this problem of falling asleep after eating high carbs. The funny thing is when I had my glucose test I had to sit in the surgery for about two hours and yes you guessed it went fast a sleep in the waiting room soooooo embarrassing :oops: . When I wake up I feel terrible and feel as if I have a hangover.
Has anyone else had this problem? My husband says you where gone again hehehe.
I have been cutting Down on my carbs for the last couple of weeks and feel so much better, haven't nodded off at all.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Yes - it was a serious problem for me - I would sit down & go to sleep. Also when driving I had to stop & rest or sleep at least every hour - I was always looking out for the next service station & occasionally pulled onto the hard shoulder.

Cutting out the carbs has improved that tremendously.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had this problem too. And if i do have a few too many carbs (too many for me, I mean) at a meal, I am nodding off in an hour, and i go all hot at the same time.

dawnb64

Me too. Every afternoon after work I'd sit down with a cup of tea and zonk and then continue to nod off during the evening too.

Cutting carbs makes a big difference!