1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Some new intermittent/extended fasting research for T2's

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Caeseji, May 23, 2019.

1. Caeseji

Caeseji Type 2 · Well-Known Member

https://openheart.bmj.com/content/openhrt/6/1/e001028.full.pdf?ct=

I don't spend too much time on Twitter what are you talking about?

Yes I know it's a mice model but considering how much we have seen from a lot of the fasting groups it seems that meal timing goes a long way towards giving this condition a bit of a boot. It confirms a fair bit about what we've all been looking into when it comes to fasting. So this coupled with the fact that they have found beta cells don't truly die gives me a lot of hope for therapeutic advancements in the future.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ert

ert Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Caeseji

Caeseji Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh yeah thanks for pointing it out! I think that is certainly an interesting one, makes me think of the findings of the Newcastle Diet and of the people that have done the 8 Week Blood Sugar diet too. I've been pondering doing this cycle whilst the refeeding days I do 16:8 keto, perhaps a protein sparing variant.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ert

ert Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Wow. Keep us posted. You may even get to write a best selling book about your experience afterwards.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook