Somebody help me ;(

MrCharlieWard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I havent took any insulin in days and i haven't tested either! I can't be bothered with it anymore and I have been pretending I'm not diabetic. My mum thinks I'm doing fine because I told her I've been bolusing and testing about 4 times a day! I need some inspiration to control this horrible illness :(

Alright mate I'm in the same shoes slowly working my way out of it and actually doing it , you will feel much better in yourself and as a person I have realised people are starting to like to be around me now because of the mood swings going on and on

me and my mother used to disagree alot Due to me having high blood most of the time but now I'm starting to be happy cheerful and full of joy and actually agreeing on stuff I know is right when my mum says now ha chin up be happy stay strong
Those things from my mum where about diabetes I also say wait a minute alot for doing bloods n injections

Reactions: 2 people

alishaaa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i know how you feel, ive been like it for months, ive gone 2weeks without my fingerpricks before just because i dont want it to be part of me anymore, and i know its hard but you will end up so ill, ive ended up really ill in hopsital on a drip for 2weeks because of it. I know its difficult now and it's hard but it does get better, im still struggling now but im getting on top of it again because just think how much you are hurting yourself.
Always here and you are not alone
Alisha

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Right now I have a lot of key tones as well and this is making me more disheartend :(

@haylz2002

I am T1 and i understand what you are saying....
This is slightly off tangent... But about a girl of 23 that has been literally killing herself thru intentional neglect. This girl is not killing herself though from diabetes....

I drove 140 miles each way today to see a friends daughter of 23. She is in an eating disorder unit as an inpatient. She will be there until February. I saw her in person today.
I have cried ever since getting in to my car and driving home..... Not tears of joy (I wish). She, like you, has been literally killing herself and days from dying. You too will end up in hospital and will need further help from professionals when you do....you will end up in DKA and these, like hypo's can be fatal. This girl was very close to being one of 5% of anorexics that will die....she still could be, due to refeeding syndrome and problems.

Now.... When you eventually get admitted for DKA... Do you want to be a % of those that die, or end up under intense scrutiny of your mental state and diabetes?

Or by coming here to this forum, is this a plea for some help to help you?

For us to be able to support you as friends we need you to take the first step... To do a blod test and injection.

We can encourage you and support but you need to take this step and to accept advice from fellow T1's that have also fallen by the wayside at one time or another.

I have been in tears since seeing this young lady today. She is getting professional help now with support from a few others... You need to do the same....please, I plead with you, please don't starve your body of insulin that it needs to keep you alive....

None of us realise whats happening to our internal organs...please don't starve your body of insulin like my friends daughter has starved all her vital organs of nourishment.

Please consider professional help now.. And to do an injection for starters...

Reactions: 2 people

Lily06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi u can not stop taking insulin because it's so dangerous

:(

Xxxxx

Lily06