Someone else who thinks like me..

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prepare yourself to be outraged...
Oh wow, all this kerfuffle when (a) the OP was talking about ultra processed cheap ****** carbage with no nutrional or other redeeming value and (b) you enclosed the word "poison" in quotation marks. Jeepers creepers :D

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh wow, all this kerfuffle when (a) the OP was talking about ultra processed cheap ****** carbage with no nutrional or other redeeming value and (b) you enclosed the word "poison" in quotation marks. Jeepers creepers :D

Agreed. I had another look back, and he wasn't even referring to carbs in general, just to the ****** processed buffet food that was on offer to the original poster and hoards of young children.
So why has his comment morphed into all carbs are poisonous?

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have just come across this thread -- and started to understand a bit better what is happening in another thread, on another sub-forum here.

Me oh my.

I've had a lot of help and encouragement from @bulkbiker and (in context) I know what he meant when he made that statement. I've also been helped by others who have taken exception to his words.

I really have no idea what "caused" my T2, and post-facto it is not terribly interesting although I sometimes daydream about winding the clock back and doing things differently (which might not have made any difference in any case).

I do know that, post-diagnosis, eliminating the foods he refers to (and carbs in general) lowered my BG to non-diabetic levels. That's enough for me.

Surely we can all get on with each other, and allow room for some healthy heat in the discussion, without falling out? We've all got a nasty chronic disease, we need each other's help.

Last edited:

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My family is always making fun of me for my views that certain foods are poison. My aunt tried to give my 4 year old a whole tub of hard candy and I was horrified she also had cakes and crisps the lot she even admitted herself it was "toxic waste" they kinds of people just cannot seem to understand the connection and then wonder why their blood pressure health and weight are in a mess :( I would just love them to "get it" but I am proud that my eyes have been opened.

I rid myself of all my ovarian cysts (pcos) and its no longer in my blood through a clean diet i was vegan at the time and gluten free too.

I still ended up with the diabetes as I have chronic fatigue from a life of stress and bad diet and possibly triggered by some virus or whatever and I cant do much exercise and ate a tonne of carbs though. Also have had weight issues all my life and its much better now since lower carbs. My Blood pressure goes up when im upright more so my diastolic and my heart rate does too so I often wonder if I have some POTS issues but sorry for going on haha

Reactions: Guzzler