Something i want to share with you guys

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
So back in 2015 1 ended up in a diabetic coma as i tried to kill myself because i had enough of school with getting bullied a lot and was fed up of students bullying me of my diabeties and other reasons both in school and after school. The weekend started i was handiling my guinea pigs whilst my mum was garderning Then i just suddenly had enough of my guinea pigs as i was worried about the next day. So i was just fed up with life. So i decided to lie on my bunk bed and do too much insulin too kill myself and i ended up in a diabetic coma according to my mum. It was like 4pm when i was with my guinea pigs. My mum was doing supper and then at 7pm called me and i didn't come down. So she went to check on me and found out i was in a diabetic coma. I'm only alive thanks to my mum, neighbours (who happen to work in the hospital and as police) . paramedics and brother. I didn't wake up till the next day when i realised i was in the hospital. I was in the hospital for 1 week. (this was 1 week before my year 10 work experience). Everyone just thought it was mistake and thought it was just because i did too much novo but my mum did find it odd as i ussualy recognize when my bloods low. i never told my parents or anyone the real reason i was scared if i told someone the police would get involved. (I know that sounds stupid). Ever since then i really regret this as i had to catch up on school work and missed my favourite sport in PE. I almost missed work experience as well. )

I wanted to share this so none of you guys make the same mistake, it's not worth it. Don't try to kill yourself.

Reactions: Tom.thomas61

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I wanted to share this so none of you guys make the same mistake, it's not worth it. Don't try to kill yourself.

Teachers are not all that well equipped to tackle bullying ... not now anyway. Believe me, they once were as I witnessed the beating of a lifetime delivered on a school thug and it was a salient lesson. "Cross one of my students, you cross me". .

Brave post. Be well

Reactions: Robbity

Tom.thomas61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It takes a lot of guts to own up to what you have done! Many times in my life, even before having diabetes, I have felt in a position where it wouldn't matter if I was alive or not!

My thought process every time this happened was "I was placed on this earth to make a change, my goal In life is to make a change. Life is testing me."

You have courage and i applaud you for that!

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh Lulu that is a sad story and I hope you are feeling better now but I think you need to talk to a professional. Can you see your GP and ask about talking therapy? Is there a nurse or student counsellor at your school? You have taken the first step by talking about it on here, well done but please,please seek help.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you for sharing that Lulu. How's life for you now ?
Geoff
alright as im in my 3rd year of college and no bullies in my class this year yet.

Teachers are not all that well equipped to tackle bullying ... not now anyway. Believe me, they once were as I witnessed the beating of a lifetime delivered on a school thug and it was a salient lesson. "Cross one of my students, you cross me". .

Brave post. Be well

I actually was too shy to tell teachers about bullying in my school but when they did find out because of classmates. Well they weren't that great even though we had a a lot of assemblies about bullying etc...

My college has seemed to step up with bullying as anyone that bullies get suspended or expelled.

But then either outside of school like on buses. Like a few times i've seen students bullying each other on a public bus but yet the bus drivers don't do anything even though they can clearly see due to CCTV. (once me and my friends were on a bus from bowling and this girls got on without paying. The bus driver tried to deal with that but just let them on and they started bullying m and my friend. We waitied till our stop to say something as we didn't want to distracct the driver (but those teens got off beforehand. We told him when we got off and he said there's nothing he could do. But yet our buses have anti bullying signs etc.. and the CCTV is always obvious on buses.

Compare this to trains you hardly ever see bullying on trains well i never have. Perhaps this is because of BTP (British Transport Police). If so they should just make BTP In charge of all transport near the train station not just trains because then people would stop misbehaving on buses as well.

Reactions: pcs63 and Prem51

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh Lulu that is a sad story and I hope you are feeling better now but I think you need to talk to a professional. Can you see your GP and ask about talking therapy? Is there a nurse or student counsellor at your school? You have taken the first step by talking about it on here, well done but please,please seek help.

That was 3 years ago i'm in my 3rd year of college now. i do have a college counsellour, it's half term now but i hate talking about stuff like this in real life. Sometimes i just can't talk about it but find it easy too online.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for telling us Lulu.
And yes, i hope someone else reads it when they are feeling down and it helps them decide to stick around :)

If you feel more comfortable writing stuff down than talking about it, you could always write to your college counsellor. Emails, a note, even a letter. Just make it clear that you don’t want to talk, you want to write.

Reactions: heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That was 3 years ago i'm in my 3rd year of college now. i do have a college counsellour, it's half term now but i hate talking about stuff like this in real life. Sometimes i just can't talk about it but find it easy too online.
Well please keep talking on here then. Hopefully we can help.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It toughened me up as i was like a dormouse. Scared of my own shadow. Bullies pray on the weak. I blamed my mum for teaching me weakness and installing anxiety into everything i did.
I'm having assertiveness training now as being abused verbally leads to repeating their behaviour or shying away.
I advise same training as I'm overly anti-bullying. Some may say to my detriment.

I hope you can strikes the right balance too.

Reactions: DJC3 and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ps. Well done for getting it out there. It does get easier the more you tell.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow this is scary! Please consider some form of counselling if you would like some help working through your emotions about it!

Thank you for sharing your story! If you feel comfortable sharing, I'd like to ask what it felt like when you were still conscious but you had already taken the insulin. What symptoms did you feel, was it scary, how long were you still alive? I'm not suicidal, just wanted to know what it's like in case I ever got really low like that.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lulu9101110 I’m glad you have found a place where you can talk about your experience. I am still tingling all over and have tears in my eyes at such unhappiness, and at the way we humans can treat eachother.

It’s obviously still very raw for you if this happened 5 years ago and you have only just managed to ‘talk’ about it. I don’t know much about psychotherapy or the like and have never felt as you did that awful day, but I do sometimes write letters that I will never send just to get my feelings out there. Could you perhaps write a letter to these bullies? telling them how they made you feel - don’t post it, just put it in a drawer or chuck it away but you might feel that writing to them helps sort your feelings out.

I do think you will need some professional help to move on properly though. By all means talk on here until you feel able to go to your GP and ask to be referred for counselling. Good luck and hugs to you

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
So back in 2015 1 ended up in a diabetic coma as i tried to kill myself because i had enough of school with getting bullied a lot and was fed up of students bullying me of my diabeties and other reasons both in school and after school. The weekend started i was handiling my guinea pigs whilst my mum was garderning Then i just suddenly had enough of my guinea pigs as i was worried about the next day. So i was just fed up with life. So i decided to lie on my bunk bed and do too much insulin too kill myself and i ended up in a diabetic coma according to my mum. It was like 4pm when i was with my guinea pigs. My mum was doing supper and then at 7pm called me and i didn't come down. So she went to check on me and found out i was in a diabetic coma. I'm only alive thanks to my mum, neighbours (who happen to work in the hospital and as police) . paramedics and brother. I didn't wake up till the next day when i realised i was in the hospital. I was in the hospital for 1 week. (this was 1 week before my year 10 work experience). Everyone just thought it was mistake and thought it was just because i did too much novo but my mum did find it odd as i ussualy recognize when my bloods low. i never told my parents or anyone the real reason i was scared if i told someone the police would get involved. (I know that sounds stupid). Ever since then i really regret this as i had to catch up on school work and missed my favourite sport in PE. I almost missed work experience as well. )

Thank you for sharing your story. It's unfortunate no one was able to punish the bullies for what they've done. Just know that you're a better person as you would never do that to someone else. I wish for them a hard and painful life.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
A very brave thread and congratulations to you on posting. I hope your experiences help others on their journey through life.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You’ve come a long way Lulu and I am so glad for you. Everybody needs to intervene if they witness bullying as there is no knowing where it will lead. No excuse for schools whatsoever, if they put as much into it as they do monitoring uniform rules that would be a start! In my experience of my boys universities are far more supportive of these and other issues. Brave girl, well done fo speaking out. X

leahkian

There will always be bullies and sometimes its hard to cope with and do not think that you are the only one who has thought about it to. I am pleased you have got someone to talk to because i have found that taking to someone who is not family or a close friend is easy. With everything that you have been through coming on here and telling people what you did takes guts and strength which you have. You have turned your life around and for someone so young you should be proud of the way you have coped. The bullies should watch what they say as they could end up with diabetes and how would they cope. they say you only learn by your mistakes and you have. Good luck in the future and now you know there are people out there who can help you.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you @Lulu9101112 for sharing what you have been harboring in your heart for so long. I hope that getting it out in black and white will help you on your journey of healing.....You are very brave to have shared with us and it is a privilege to have you do so - one that the members here do not take lightly. Thoughts and prayers coming your way. Blessings/L

Reactions: rom35 and Oldvatr